need help finding burners for genesis 1000 that have the correct length crossover tube

I see one review that mentioned the short crossover tube. But, that might be @DanHoo. It could just be a one off as I don't see any other reviews mentioning a short crossover tube which I would expect if it was systemic problem.

Free returns with Amzon. Also, don't forget to check the 7% discount button if you do order them.

I see one review that mentioned the short crossover tube. But, that might be @DanHoo. It could just be a one off as I don't see any other reviews mentioning a short crossover tube which I would expect if it was systemic problem.

I believe @DanHoo's review was the one on October 2021. There's another review on March 1, 2022 that mentions the crossover tube is too short. However, there are four additional reviews after March 1, 2022 that mentions they are "perfect fit".

Last edited:
I guess burners for the older Genesis are getting harder to get. I assumed incorrectly I would have many choices on Amazon. Others have mentioned the burners are from the same manufacturing company with different brand names on the boxes.

It is like that with a lot of Chinese products. One factory makes the items and companies simply buy them in large quantities and slap their logo on them and sell them.

In Oct, 2021 I ordered both brands of the burners linked below. I re-ordered the onlyfire a second time to see if the crossover was a one-time mistake or not. All three had crossover tubes that were too short. I reviewed both on Oct 16, 2021.

All three arrived in exactly the same bubble wrap, wrapped and taped up identically. The only difference was the amazon barcode on the outside of the bubble wrap. I think that is example of Bruce's comment that these likely were made in the same factory and had different distributors.

If I needed x000 burners today, I would not hesitate ordering these again. Best case they sorted out the crossover tube. Worst case is the crossover will be too short and you'll have to buy one from grillparts. Still ends up less money than other options. Someone cobbled up a workaround with screws. I'd rather spend an extra $10 to have the correct tube.

onlyfire ( no longer avail)

plowo ( still available)

Last edited:
If I needed x000 burners today, I would not hesitate ordering these again. Best case they sorted out the crossover tube. Worst case is the crossover will be too short and you'll have to buy one from grillparts. Still ends up less money than other options. Someone cobbled up a workaround with screws. I'd rather spend an extra $10 to have the correct tube.
Are you using the burners on your personal grill?

Are you using the burners on your personal grill?

Yes: the burners are either the plowo or the onlyfire linked above. I don't remember which one. It looks like these are the onlyfire ones ( if you believe what I wrote a while ago )

The crossover is from grillgrates:

20221118_124509.jpg

They are in the grill linked below. It looks like a Silver, but is really a Genesis 1000 under the hood.

Last edited:
I got burned by the too short crossover tube as well, I just used a good Weber oem tube as a replacement. Hoping that it was just a one time problem, I would order them again. The quality was fine and they were quite a bit cheaper than Weber branded ones, which are also made in China now.

Today I received a set From Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G647VC8/?tag=tvwb-20 which contained the correct length burners and crossover tube. Cost less than just the crossover shipped from some suppliers, $23 shipped. From Direct Store Parts.
:giggle:
Put in today, good fit, improvement in heating over original plastic spider guard burners. Slght leakage be tween burners and crossover, probably neglegible.

Put in today, good fit, improvement in heating over original plastic spider guard burners. Slght leakage be tween burners and crossover, probably neglegible.
Thanks for this report, Hank. It saves others from making a mistake and getting something they just have to send back.

Back