Nakiri knife

I actually let my wife axe throw. Not to sure it was a good idea….
That's not a bad idea, I'll tell you a bad idea. We got matching 40 Cals, but I had hers ported. She can easily out shoot me on the 25yd 50yd and I can't even hit the paper at 75yds and she's in the black. I hate mine, she sleeps with hers. Now that was a bad idea....

My 41 year old Chinese cleaver, it was a wedding present. Doesn’t get a lot of use because it won’t fit in my knife block. I’m going to use it more! 👍

Attachments

• IMG_0160.jpeg
    IMG_0160.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 9
My 41 year old Chinese cleaver, it was a wedding present. Doesn’t get a lot of use because it won’t fit in my knife block. I’m going to use it more! 👍
Mine is the same one, about the same age! It rests very happily in the block until I reach for it. I get it about halfway out and realize that’s more knife than I really need. It need to get some use, damn fine piece of equipment but, rarely used, much like my cleavers, I just am not the butcher that my dad was. i wish some of the product I watched Pa cut up was available for a reasonable cost anymore!
I might need to do a family portrait of the knife inventory, possible insurance values, just in case.

I bought a Milk Street (Christopher Kimball) Nakiri. They go for about $60 discounted, plus shipping.

It is thin and sharp, and it is designed for vegetables rather than meat/bone. It is a bad mofo so far, but I'm not sure how I'm going to sharpen it when the need arises. I am not used to working on such a thin blade with a 15-17 degree angle.

MilkSt_LandingPg_MilkSt-Nakiri_SquaredOff_GIF_065_500x.jpg

Back