My WSM Work Bench.

Steve Servis

TVWBB Member
Hi Folks - I was inspired by your posts to whip up what I think will work best for me. Friday will be a pork butt for the maiden voyage.

WSMWorkBench_zps6502c542.jpg

Last edited:
I have a fitting on the underside that the rod screws into. It's pretty darn sturdy but if I need more support in the future Rockler sells fold down adjustable legs. It was a last minute rainy day project.

I like alot but I have to ask what do you do for a cover ? Do you take the tables down everytime you are done using it ? I get way too much rainwater collecting in the bottom of my WSM that I have two contractor garbage bags under my WSM cover.

Hey Matt- I'll use the cover. The table sides lift right off and I'll unscrew the 2 main legs and stow them and put the cover on until the next smoke. It's just one more tiny step when you wind a smoke down.

Friday is the maiden voyage and I'll post a couple of pics next week.

Matt, if you flip the mid-section upside down, it fits the lid and bottom just fine and rainwater just flows off. The racks and water pan can still be stored inside. -- Jeff

I see what looks like maybe one leg, but what is holding up the table? Have I missed a previous post?

If you look at the pic in the first post, you can clearly see 1 leg on each side.
Then I believe he has 2 "pins" on each side that insert into the holes of the garage door handles on the WSM.

If you look at the pic in the first post, you can clearly see 1 leg on each side.
Then I believe he has 2 "pins" on each side that insert into the holes of the garage door handles on the WSM.

You are right sir! Don't know what the hell I was drinking that night but missed the first page entirely! Nice Job!

Back