My take on Pepper Stout Beef

Jon Alex

TVWBB Member
Thought I'd see if I could post as creatively as some of the pros here.....

Second time making PSB with a few of my own recipe edits. All set up and ready to go. 4# Chuck with a liberal coating of McCormick's Garlick Pepper Salt

And after 4 hours on the smoker at roughly 250F it had only got to 150F internal so I pulled it. I added a red pepper for color with the green peppers and red onion. Into the oven, covered at 350F for 3 hours.

After I pulled it I also added a couple TBS of Better that Bouillon beef base for added flavor. Put it back in the oven to reduce the liquid. It really takes 8 hours to make this dish...

Served it on small Ciabatta rolls with and without provolone cheese. Always added some extra broth onto the roll while serving. Very very tasty!

Hope you all enjoyed your Saturday cook as well!

Lovely. It's amazing how peppers make a dish so much more appealing/attractive (eye candy).

Nice work.

Yeah Jon... Great Photos!
Great Cookin'!!
and
Great Sandwich!!!
Beautiful! NEVER EVER get tired of lookin' at OR eeting pepper stout beef!!

I started making this the other day complete w/ red pepper, but I got tied up and didn't make it home to check the meat temps. It was 190 internal, so I ended up shredding my chuck instead. Will hit it again on Tuesday and hope mine looks like yours. lol

I started making this the other day complete w/ red pepper, but I got tied up and didn't make it home to check the meat temps. It was 190 internal, so I ended up shredding my chuck instead. Will hit it again on Tuesday and hope mine looks like yours. lol

I don't see the problem ??? :) I made a cast iron indoor-cooked version of PSB & loved it.... used jalapenos for the peppers. Good stuff.

Looks good from here, I could eat two, did you make your Ciabatta rolls, if so ya did good, also you might consider putting a pan under the chuck with your bouillon in it to catch the drippin's and soak up some smoke.

Karl

Thanks for all the nice comments folks. Karl, I didn't make my own rolls. I picked them up at the local grocery store. They are baked by a brand I really like here in eastern Massachusetts.
http://chabaso.com/breads/rolls
Don't see why I couldn't try them myself next time!

Back