My Son has joined the club! Picture heavy!

Your boy will remember this for the rest of his life. Like others here I can remember cooking with my grandfather, father, uncles, etc. Very powerful memories. When we are done and gone he will be telling his buds how his dad got him a grill on his 10th Bday and let him cook stuffed burgers for the gang. Every time he smells a burger he will remember that day. You done good - I'm proud of you. ...and I'm proud of him: those burgers look fantastic!

May I recommend the mini size chimney for his SJ?

Happy birthday! I missed the invite,so I'll take your word that the burgers were as good as they looked! And I LOVE big fat stuffed burgers! What were they stuffed with?

That is awesome! I did not have memories like that from my childhood, but now both of my sons (ages 6 and 9) are asking me to teach them how to cook, indoor and out. It appears that I'll be creating some good-tasting memories for them soon, as well!

Thanks for sharing!
Barret

Mike, that brings back memories of grilling with my Dad. You have some awesome father son moments ahead of you. Cherish those times.
Also, you probably created a Weber fan for life. Bringing him up right. Great looking burgers as well.

Mike and Mike, thanks for sharing the good stuff with everyone. Have fond memories grilling with my pops, and hope to share those with my three sons and daughter. Pops/papa is down to his last few embers, but as I sit in the hospital with him, reading this means a lot. My boys are 7, 6, and 4... Daughter almost 2... The boys all want to help when I cook in the kitchen, and they're really anxious to get flipping on the grills... And I'm anxious to help them help me.

Great story.... Thanks for sharing. My boy is only 2 and he's already helping me in the kitchen... He loves standing up on a step stool and helping mix anything. I can already envision a 14.5 WSM next to my 22.5 WSM that will be his cooker...

That’s so cool! Brings back memories of my youth cooking on the old square grill in the backyard for the family fifty some years ago. Great post!!

Thanks guys! He did really enjoy it and so did I! I didn't think about the mini chimney but that is something i will pick up for him. The stuffed toppings used were pizza sauce, cheese, bacon, onions, mushrooms, blue cheese, jalapenos, and sausage.

They really were great! Made me cheat on my diet because i had 2.

Back