my old Weber chimney

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
it's got big old burnt through holes in it...

oldweberchimney1.jpg

oldweberchimney2.jpg

oldweberchimney3.jpg

I'm on the second handle... think the first was wood and I burnt that too...
but it mighta been plastic.... this one is too and a bit melted, still good 'tho

oldweberchimney4.jpg

...and the metal rivets gave way probably four years ago or so...
replaced them with stainless nuts & bolts

oldweberchimney5.jpg

still works fine... the grate is gonna be the first to go.
it fell thru a few times and it's dang thin,
but I got it held in place with stainless screws

oldweberchimney3.jpg

I do have two other chimneys, both Webers and the mini Weber chimney...
just can't see myself tossin' it out until I need to.
and then, I probably will just hang it up somewhere.... just in case. :)

Let us know when the retirement party is, we can get everyone to take a picture of there chimneys afire and do a thread to celebrate.:cool:

I melted mine on the 4th. I lit the grill and dumped all the coals then refilled the chimney and placed it in the wsm. I went out an hou later to light the wsm and apparently some embers were left and flames were shooting out the bottom. I dumped and threw it in the yard to cool off.

While I certainly admire your loyalty and dedication, I don't think anyone would think badly of you if you just went ahead and splurged $20 or so on a new one.

Insert charcoal chimney smiley here, since we don't have one.

While I certainly admire your loyalty and dedication, I don't think anyone would think badly of you if you just went ahead and splurged $20 or so on a new one.
I do have two other chimneys, both Webers and the mini Weber chimney...

I know things taste better using my grandparents very old pots and pans. Maybe it's a sentimental mirage but maybe there's something to it!

I find it is more cost effective to get a new chimney than going to the ER after a chimney of coals has spilled on your foot.

Back