My new Genesis Silver C

Always grateful for Larry to share his gas knowledge. I would have just given up and gotten another regulator.

@LMichaels, we are counting on you to be at our Upper Midwest TVWBB Meet 2.0 and give us some good show and tell on gas fittings, conversions and gas safety! :coolkettle:

What about yellow gas safe Teflon tape?

This mess was on one of my recent acquisitions...

Edit. It came this way, this is not my doing and it is white Teflon tape. Sometimes the yellow looks white in pictures, but this is white.
20211012_180216.jpg

Yellow tape is best used on larger gas connections. Pipe dope is recommended for the smaller connections.

It look like the guy that did that plumbing job though he was dealing with water pipes. Plus, he used half a dozen adapters to get to the point where only one simple one is required.

From what I remember the prior owner telling me, this was done with help from some one at home Deep oh.

Thanks for the suggestion for pipe dope on the smaller connections. Just need to find it in my messy garage.

Thanks for all the advice guys! I ended up just buying a new regulator for the peace of mind! I’ll fiddle with my old one and see if I can fix it.

Also looking at the instructions in the manual, it makes no mention of thread sealant on the threads from the regulator line to the manifold. I also didn’t see any when I pulled the old one off. Would you recommend putting any on that connection?

If you have a 3/8" flare connection from the hose to the manifold, then no, do not use tape or pipe dope or anything. It is a self sealing connection.

Honestly Willy regulators do not "go bad". I have only seen one in my life actually go "bad" and it was on the Q200 I gave my oldest daughter

I'm going to try to take it apart and fix it, worst case it goes to my brother in law! I just wanted some piece of mind and have really enjoyed rehabbing this grill.

I was able to get the new regulator in and am happy to say there are no more leaks and everything is working great! Going to be grilling some steaks on it with the family tomorrow night.

Also I have to say, the King Kong cover that I bought is amazing! Fits the grill perfectly and seems to be made really well.

Its not a 2000 or 1 they had a few years had this one off. Its most likely a 2004 or 5 but no matter its a Silver C love the color have one myself love it. The serial most likely is under the control panel will check mine but Bruce and others probably know where it is without me looking.

You did well for 80 bucks.
If it was a 2005, it would have had the stainless cabinet doors with the sheetmetal bottom panel.

I also think it was a 2000 or 2001: https://tvwbb.com/threads/2001-weber-genesis-series-gas-grill-brochure.75068/

Where could I find the serial number? I'd like to find out too!

On earlier Silver Bs the serial number is on a sticker on the right hand or outside edge of the control panel. If yours is there you'll need to remove the burner to see it. If you are lucky you'll be able to read the serial number. Be careful wiping it down as it could wipe the numbers away.

I cannot read any of the older tags that are on the control panels, but I know one is a DD because I have the original owners manual that has the SN on it.

here's a gold B that is up for sale. pic of the owners manual lists a DH serial number which is a 2004. It has the black ends on the table, and the front of the table is curved. looks like the larger wheels are a bit different also.

243060647_4527227170669949_5165743784952555975_n.jpg

242943937_4414842715272402_4496129199686226247_n.jpg

and its $150 so it may be on the market for a while... Not much seems to be selling right now, unless it is free or nearly free.

I pretty much just look for x000 genesis models. There isn't anything by me except for natural gas models that nobody wants. I had my eye on a skyline that the guy wanted $180 for. It was on for several weeks at the same price and then disappeared so who knows what happened there. I think cheap grill getting season is done here.

I pretty much just look for x000 genesis models. There isn't anything by me except for natural gas models that nobody wants. I had my eye on a skyline that the guy wanted $180 for. It was on for several weeks at the same price and then disappeared so who knows what happened there. I think cheap grill getting season is done here.
I posted this narrowing down years, not for cheap grill season.

We are in the midst of cheap grill season here. for the x000 and Silver / Gold B/C very little is selling best I can tell and some free or nearly free grills seem to be readily available.

I know where you're coming from. I'm just a little jealous that nothing good is showing up here anymore. It's still nice out but winter is coming!

Back