TVWBB Member

Attachments

• IMG-0451 (1).jpg
    IMG-0451 (1).jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Brisket Knife.jpg
    Brisket Knife.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 18
I have an older version of that knife where I love it for breadstuffs I don’t like it for cutting meat, as sharp as it is, the serration tears.
I picked up a “Cutluxe slicer” with cullens or what’s called a Granton edge for slicing ham and brisket and so on. I don’t use it often but, it’s the “go to” for bigger slicing projects. It wasn’t that costly and has proven a good investment.

I think that's the same one Aaron Franklin uses. I have the DR 12" Granton slicer and that's a good knife also.

I have a long Mercer granton slicer, straight edge, that works awfully well. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if the need arose.

Picked up this 12 inch dexter Russell from Malcolm reed straight edge works awesome

Attachments

• 38485D07-6B6C-43A6-BD45-9753ACC2F88A.jpeg
    38485D07-6B6C-43A6-BD45-9753ACC2F88A.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 16
I have an older version of that knife where I love it for breadstuffs I don’t like it for cutting meat, as sharp as it is, the serration tears.
I picked up a “Cutluxe slicer” with cullens or what’s called a Granton edge for slicing ham and brisket and so on. I don’t use it often but, it’s the “go to” for bigger slicing projects. It wasn’t that costly and has proven a good investment.

Picked up this 12 inch dexter Russell from Malcolm reed straight edge works awesome
That's some impressive consistency of slices!

1 thing I have learned a sharp knife hurts less than a dull 1. might loose more meat but less pain lol. Dexter knifes are pretty dang good for the price. need to clear out my drawer and start another collection

Back