My name is Scott and hello from Gurnee, IL

Scott Waller

TVWBB Fan
Hello everyone,

Really starting to get hooked and I am glad to see I am not the only one. I have a CharBroil commercial infrared gas grill really to cook when I don't have time or wife wants something (she's not a fan of a lot of smoke). Last year was when I took the dive and bought a 22.5 WSM and have been hooked ever since. Brisket, baby backs, St Louis spare ribs and a turkey are just some of the things I have worked on this year. And then went out a bought a 26.75 one touch and breaking it in right now with a whole chicken. I want to get a 18 WSM and Jumbo Smokey Joe for football season (GO BEARS!!!). Hope to become a valuable member on this board. Gotta go and finish the chicken.

:wsm:

Welcome aboard Scott! Looks like you've got the tools for many great cooks!
Don't forget to post photos in the photo gallery. We love cook photos!

If you want to be a valuable member, then you already are! Welcome to the site Scott! Looking forward to your posts (and pictures)! :wsm:

Welcome aboard Scott. I agree with your wife: too much smoke = ashtray effect.

Well said Mike Willis. I couldn't agree more.

Hello and welcome Scott! I am a newbie to the site as well. I had my 1st rib smoke yesterday on my 18.5 WSM

Thanks everyone! Bought some beef ribs, turkey legs and 8-12 butterfly shrimp for this week's cooks. I promise to take some pics and post them as soon as I cook.

Back