My Holy Grail Has Been Found.

Rich you should put the Skyline lid on your 2000 ... I LOVE the 2000 and if it were me I'd probably make one amazing grill!

Rich you should put the Skyline lid on your 2000 ... I LOVE the 2000 and if it were me I'd probably make one amazing grill!

No, Greenie is my baby I bought that new in 1999 and love it the way it's set up. The skyline will be completely restored and I have some ideas on enhancing some of it's features. I would love to find a 2000 and do a more upgraded conversion for the skyline, but I'm just flat out of room.

Last edited:
No, Greenie is my baby I bought that new in 1999 and love it the way it's set up. The skyline will be completely restored and I have some ideas on enhancing some of it's features. I would love to find a 2000 and do a more upgraded conversion for the skyline, but I'm just flat out of room.

Very understandable. I'm just as attached to my old genesis that's been in our fami!y well over 2 decades.

My daughter had friends over for a cookout and I had rehabbed them a Greenie Genny 1000 as a house warming gift and the guy friend just couldn't get over the fact that the grill was as old as it is and looked brand new. When I find one on Craig's List or some other place and get excited about a possible new project, my wife just shakes her head and says "How many grills do you need"? Rich congrats on your new to you Skyline and we are looking forward to some pictures!

Last edited:
Bobby,
Tell your wife you need one grill for every pair of shoes she owns.

That excuse would not work for my wife and I already own more than her number of shoes. Though I must admit she's never been that kind of woman. She's not a clothes or shoes hog and not heavy into cosmetics except for her hair dye. She went gray at 30 which IMO made her look older. One day when the girls were little I said "well I'm off to work when I come home I'd like to come home to a new woman". She took the hint and has ever since LOL

Back