My Genesis 3000 score

What did you use to clean up the flavorizer bars?
I started with Simple Green and a wire brush, then once most of the carbon was off, I switched to a Scotchbrite surface prep wheel on an angle grinder. I wore out my last one of those in the process, and switched to a fine flap disc, but that left some scratches that I might want to clean up when I get some new wheels (it won't hurt to leave them as-is.)

That's just spectacular! What a NICE looking grill and a great way into ownership of a REAL Weber. I will try to suppress being jealous in favor of being very happy for you. Get some steaks on that and take great care of it. That Weber will repay you many times if you do!

Yah, I kind of thought Weber ditched the wood in favor of Durawood around 1995 or 1996.
Totally possible someone converted back to wood at some point though.

Well I had an 1100 built for a friend it had EZ before the serial number registered in 1999 but it was made in 98 that had the grey stained wood on it, no question in my mind it was the original wood. I guess its possible that someone changed out on the OP's grill but I don't think so that would had to have been some enthusiast. Not sure and probably totally wrong but I don't believe I have ever seen a 3000 with the Durawood thinking since that grill is an upgrade they still gave you the wood but who knows this grill is flat out beautiful.

Back