My first really succesfull cook...

Peter H.

TVWBB Member
Hy all, it was a nice sunny Saturday morning when we started the Kettle for my brothers BD party. Some boneless pieces of very nice pork rib meat, rub and sauce recipe found on this forum and 8 hours later it lasted only 20 minutes until gone. It was roughly 8 - 9 pounds of meat....sweet!!!!!

Peter H.

l.jpg

After initial 3 hours....

l.jpg

Some molases sugar spread on top plus spraying with apple juice....

l.jpg

Sauce all mighty...

l.jpg

Since the ribs were boneless I just cubed the meat and it was ready for the hungry people...

Yep....I was very happy when I tested it and it started to fall apart. 8 hours total and up to 95 degress Celzius internal. Mout melting!!!

Nice job there Peter. Looks great!

Seeing you're from Slovenia reminds me of a tourist trip we took there while I was stationed in Italy when your country was VERY young. I recall a farmer butchering a suckling pig for some very good meals.

Hey all, thanks for the good words!!!

DWAIN: If you ate it in Italy or Slovenia, suckling pig is a standard here. But the BBQ is not - so I will make it more!

Peter H.

Nice job, Peter!

Don't forget some of the side dish recipes in this forum for your next big party.

"Keri's Hog Apple Baked Beans" always seem to disappear at events that I bring it to. The same can be said for some of the cole slaws too!

Good luck!
icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Peter H.:
Hey all, thanks for the good words!!!

DWAIN: If you ate it in Italy or Slovenia, suckling pig is a standard here. But the BBQ is not - so I will make it more!

Peter H.

That's great! I look forward to your future posts!

Back