My first Performer

Lew its broken in the rib eyes turned out great almost overcooked mine as I like it a little less than medium. All good in the end the kettle is going to be a bit of a learning curve but first cook a success.

Brian,
You will not be disappointed with this purchase or the work to set things right! You will have years of joy cooking on that grill. Enjoy yourself!

Tim, thanks I expect to cook many years on it and all set now the wife has a 1000 redhead gasser I restored and now I have my performer.

My performer precedes the performer name, my granddaughter cracked the table a number of years ago and my cabinetmaker buddy had an afternoon and some cypress leftover from another project so, we built the double barreled table in my avatar. It’s so convenient to have the extra space on the 18 when I run out on the 22!
Just had a pair of handles made from the same cypress stock and it looks so nice when it’s not covered in pollen!
Have a great time with your performer.

Brian,

Your Performer came out just awesome and I am sure will give you years of great service. I love the maroon/plum/crimson whatever! It looks really sharp. The upgraded grates are a big plus, too. I will be interested to hear how it goes with those. Now all you need is a "Slow-N-Sear". I have used one that I picked up cheap as part of a kettle grill purchase. They DO work well, at least in my opinion. However, you already have the charcoal holders and you can do plenty with those.

Jon, I have a smoker so not sure I would use it but I was aware of the slow and sear as a co-worker just got a new kettle and he is looking at it as he does not have a smoker.

Wife is getting me these for Fathers day already ordered them. Should be the last baskets I ever need to buy. The ones with the grill were getting pretty rusted usable still but my wife and 2 daughters chipped in for the new ones.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01GF5DG0Y/tvwb-20

Tim that tables looks really nice.

Jon, I have a smoker so not sure I would use it but I was aware of the slow and sear as a co-worker just got a new kettle and he is looking at it as he does not have a smoker.

Wife is getting me these for Fathers day already ordered them. Should be the last baskets I ever need to buy. The ones with the grill were getting pretty rusted usable still but my wife and 2 daughters chipped in for the new ones.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01GF5DG0Y/tvwb-20

Tim that tables looks really nice.

Brian,

Yeah, those are the best!

Jon

Thanks Jon, the picture does not show the new cypress handles I had made though. It’s been pretty much “out in the weather since we,built it and is not showing any nasty deterioration, some normal sun, snow patina but nothing ugly, time to give it a little touch up with another coat of tung oil. Well when it stops raining and we get back to summer!
That frame has been through a tornado and flatline wind storms three times, I added some patio pavers to the undercarriage and it does not move at all!

Back