My First "Brownie"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Floor

Hi All,

I think this is my first post; I've been learning a lot from you fellas on this board and I thank you. I wanted to share my excitement with this recent find. I love the older classic kettles and got real lucky on my first score. I paid $25.00 for all this stuff.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have a lot more cleaning to do but this is after a quick bath:

Very nice score. Those brown ones clean up nice. I see it has a teak wood handle as well.

Thanks guys; It's a 22.5" my wide angle lens might have made it look w i d e r. Shaun, I didn't know there were different woods used on the handles, thanks! When I fire it up I be sure to post some pics.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Albert Adato:
Congratulations Brian! that is from the late 60s I own a red one with the same wood handle on lid, bare handles on the kettle and three triangles on the bottom shelf, your brownie cleaned up real well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Any pics Flaco?

The lid vent is the more recent style - note the wider tab, the large lower case "weber" lettering in the center, and the larger vent holes. This suggests that Brian's beautiful kettle was manufactured some time after 1970, when the older style lid vents were still being used - unless the lid vent has been replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back