My Charcoal on hand!

Garvin R

TVWBB Super Fan
This is what I have on hand, what’s your charcoal pile look like!?
288ED693-848C-4103-9359-A22904B7618F.jpeg
FFFD2B55-A11B-42A4-B6CD-0576BF3A1A28.jpeg
BFF0FB3F-33FC-476E-A12A-7370A6A131E9.jpeg
B&B, Charbroil, Weber, 3 bags Kingsford, 1 bag of Blues Hog and 3 bags of Frontier Hardwood Charcoal!

Attachments

• 3D9000F6-49B5-4215-964D-95E214186CA5.jpeg
    3D9000F6-49B5-4215-964D-95E214186CA5.jpeg
    220.1 KB · Views: 8
Got 2-4 big bags of Kingsford and 1 small bag for the smokey joe . over bought a few years ago and don't think I have bought a bag in 2-3 years, didn't find the sales is 1 reason and hate paying full price

Absolutely no shame in a gasser, I have had and will continue to have great meals off of any kind of outdoor equipment and inside equipment too. food is a canvas like painting, mix it up don't eat/paint the same picture every time, I couldn't tell you how many types of rubs or marinades ect I have tried over the years but it's probably a small fortune lol

I don't know how many people think about this, but the number of things made out of leather and the price of leather correlate very closely with how much beef people consume because each animal only has so much skin. When red meat gets a bad rap, the price of leather goes up. As charcoal similarly is a byproduct, I'm wondering what affects its availability and price and if it ever makes sense to stock up.

Back in the day before the charcoal bans here from May to the end of October depending on the monsoons. I used to go through about twenty bags of charcoal a year. Seeing that I don't grill much at all in the winter when I can use charcoal, I now go through about two bags a year.
I'm still using up what I bought 4-5 years ago.
I do miss cooking with coals, but now it's the gassers or pellet grill. :(

I don't have as much, but my stash is just as eclectic. Right now I've got 1 bag of Weber, 2 bags of B&B briquettes, 2 bags of Kingsford, 3 bags of Franklin, 1 bag of B&B lump. I've got an open bag of several of those as well. It's nothing like the giant hoards of KBB I used to have.

4 bags of Weber, 1 bag KBB, 1 bag Kingsford Pro, and just picked up 5 bags B&B orange, and 5 bags B&B char logs.
2D35E800-FAB8-493C-9ED1-E3EC4E18422A.jpeg

18 bags of charcoal and 11 bags of pellets. At this point, I consider myself almost out of charcoal and pellets.
I am down to one bag and a partial. Time to pick up another two pack.

Wish I could find a bag of char logs in stock at orschleins or ace or academy... I may break down and order some to try in my wsm 14.

I should of took a picture but I was at HD today and walked by the charcoal selection in the main aisle.
Kingsford, Embers and some Lump.
All the bags looked faded, wet stained like they were stored uncovered over the winter.
Bird poop and fertilizer was scattered all over them.
Pretty sad and they weren't even clearance priced.

Back