Must Have BBQ Books

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lewjeff,

Chris has a list of the most popular books on the VWB home page and a link to Amazon. I believe he gets a small kickback from any books you buy after linking through to them from his site. I forgot about that recently when I bought a copy of Paul Kirk's Championship Barbecue Sauces.

Regards,

Mr S.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr Squeaky:
[qb]Chris has a list of the most popular books on the VWB home page and a link to Amazon. I believe he gets a small kickback from any books you buy after linking through to them from his site.[/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I've listed a number of books on the Shopping page that are my favorites. In particular I like "Smoke & Spice", "Paul Kirk's Championship BBQ Sauces", "The Complete Meat Cookbook" and "Cook's Illustrated Complete Book of Poultry". Any of the "BBQ Bible" series are pretty good, too.

Regarding the "kickbacks", if you click on any Amazon.com link on my Web site and make a purchase of any item--even items not shown on my Web site--I receive a small finder's fee that defrays the cost of bringing you this Web site (e.g. Web hosting fees, ISP, bulletin board software, domain name registration, etc.)

So by using the links on this site to access Amazon.com to make your Amazon purchases, you help support the operation of TVWB without any additional cost to you.

You'll find most of these links on the home page and on the Shopping page. Or, you can use this link to visit Amazon and get the same result.

Regards,
Chris

On the topic of cook books...recently (within 6 months) There was a banner /link on this site for a cook book written by some bbq judge type fella it looked self published.It's not by any of the usual names.There might have been some give away/contest with it.
I know that's not to go on but any help would be great. also if any one owns this mystery book is it good?
Thanks
John

Could it be "Whatcha need to know to Barbeque like a Pro" by Ron Lutz ? My copy just arrived today and it looks like a winner. It's very well written and extends some in depth information on woods, sauces,rubs, cuts of meat etc... Good theoretical information with lots of tips and tricks just like the VWB website. Here is the link: http://www.bbqlikeapro.com/
By the way, Ron is a WSM owner.

The ISBN is 09711086400.
Better yet, order it through the amazon.com link on this website and help support Chris' great website. Some things in life are worth paying full price for.

Smokestack Johnny,

Yes, the book was "Whatcha Need to Know to Barbeque Like a Pro" by Ron Lutz, and it was featured in a promotional contest on this Web site back in August. It's a good book especially for beginners. You can order copies directly from the author using the hyperlink in Roy C's post above.

Regards,
Chris

Thanks Chris, et al.

I totally forgot to look off the main page...there are some great picks there.

Bring in on, Santa....that, and don't forget the wireless remote thermometer...I've been real good this year....really. I'll leave you some brisket and beer, I promise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back