Move along, Vegans, nuttin to see here...

MacPete

TVWBB Member
So my neighbour and I decide to host a street party, and a rib contest between the two of us. He's new to the Weber world, but learns quick. I taught him too well as he won 9-8 in a show of hands vote.
Photos you say? But of course...

Not Safe for Vegans

Man,if you lost with that good looking grub,I'd hate to see the other guys food!
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil Perrin:
Man,if you lost with that good looking grub,I'd hate to see the other guys food!
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think I was scammed, turns out his wife did the count of hands! Great results from both camps, lots of great food laughs, a few bevvies, no real losers in my opinion.

Those sure are a sight after suffering yet another FOTB restaurant rib experience in Manhattan the other night. Company was fine, but 5 un-sauced greasy, sloppy piggy-bits sure have me longing for the excellent quality Q we see here 'round these parts.

After that show, spark up something finer than a Macanudo, there, Pete! I'd say they're worthy of a Cohiba Esplendido!

Beautiful! Thank you for the excellent presentation of the fine meats you smoked. Wish I could have joined!

Tim

Great cook and idea for the hood cook off
icon_smile.gif
Can't do that around this block tons folks Q around town here but on my street I am the onlyone the ques all the time . Got a few that grill on Holidays once in a while . they all think Iam a NUT and there right small chidren and adults look at me funny
icon_biggrin.gif

Thou I do have some that seem to wonder by about dinner time now and then when the smoker has been blasting all weekend
wsmsmile8gm.gif

I do have 1 neighbor who I always take some Q specialy when I do a all nighter the prevaling wind here goes right in his bedroom window . He don't seem to mind since he knows dinner is on me
icon_smile.gif
and by the time I get it there he has foam on his mouth and seems to be starving
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So my neighbour and I decide to host a street party, and a rib contest between the two of us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Now there's a brilliant idea. Meat to be proud of...

Hey Shawn W....Cubans, and your location is SoCal? Brother you gots some 'splainin to do!.
Haven't ever seen those D'Orsay brands in Cuba, how are they?

Happy to help.
The bark on the shoulders was due to mopping every hour for the last 4 hours of a 14 hour smoke.
Used Big Bob Gibson mop recipe (pg 222 in his book):
6-1/2 Cup vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
1/2 C cayenne pepper
2 tbsp kosher salt
3 slices lemon
I made the mop the day before, let the flavours get friendly with each other.

Off-the-Hook!! Or maybe it should be Off-the-Hoof? In any case, it's a great post. Life is good in that deep southern part of Ontario.
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MacPete:
Happy to help.
The bark on the shoulders was due to mopping every hour for the last 4 hours of a 14 hour smoke.
Used Big Bob Gibson mop recipe (pg 222 in his book):
6-1/2 Cup vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
1/2 C cayenne pepper
2 tbsp kosher salt
3 slices lemon
I made the mop the day before, let the flavours get friendly with each other. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

MacPete thanks for the info I will have to try that on my next butt that one you show is as Pall up it "OFF-THE-HOOK!" Also what do you think of Big Bob's book I do use his butt injection and rub and like it alot.

Thanks

Back