Mothers Day Feast With Pictures

Looks like a good feast to me James. You have quite a row of cookers there!
icon_biggrin.gif
Thanks for the pics.

Originally posted by James Tucker:
I tried to post pictures earlier but it didn,t work. I think I figured it out now so I am trying it again. Mothers Day Feast

Wonderful Pics James! That security you hired looks pretty tough!
icon_biggrin.gif

I see that your WSM is on some kind of cart - whats up with that? Did you buy or make?

Tony

Tony

A friend of mine noticed a bottle of Kahlua in the pics. A part of your "receipe". Seriously, is it for drinking or cookin or both?

Loren

Originally posted by Loren:
Tony

A friend of mine noticed a bottle of Kahlua in the pics. A part of your "receipe". Seriously, is it for drinking or cookin or both?

Loren

Loren, I think you want to ask James that question; however, if it were my Kahlua I would drizzling it in a cup of French Roast coffee!
icon_smile.gif

Tony

Originally posted by Loren:
Tony

Loren
The Kahlua is for drinkin, but who knows, maybe it would make a good secret ingredient. Personally I like to mix it with vodka and ice!!!!!

Originally posted by Tony Hunter:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James Tucker:
I tried to post pictures earlier but it didn,t work. I think I figured it out now so I am trying it again. Mothers Day Feast

Wonderful Pics James! That security you hired looks pretty tough!
icon_biggrin.gif

I see that your WSM is on some kind of cart - whats up with that? Did you buy or make?

Tony </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanx for the praise Tony! That was my first big cook with a variety of foods and I was fairly proud of the results. The chicken did get away on me a bit but I am going to blame that on the Kahlua!!
My WSM was on a "caddie" that I made from looking at some pictures on this site and adapting some of my own ideas with what I saw.
I just got off the phone with Fred from The BBQ Guru and was talking about exchanging my ideas with him.(seems like a really nice guy!)
I've also adapted handles to my WSM, charcoal grate mods, handles for removing the middle grill and charcoal tray, a variation to the eylets mod, and possibly an easy fix for the leaky acess door problem.
I'll keep you posted as to the results of my correspondance with Fred and depending on the outcome will possibly post more detailed pictures at a later date.
I guess the big question is, what would people be willing to pay for these mods, and would Fred be able to produce them in a cost effective manner?

Originally posted by James Tucker:
...I just got off the phone with Fred from The BBQ Guru and was talking about exchanging my ideas with him.(seems like a really nice guy!)
I've also adapted handles to my WSM, charcoal grate mods, handles for removing the middle grill and charcoal tray, a variation to the eylets mod, and possibly an easy fix for the leaky acess door problem.
I'll keep you posted as to the results of my correspondance with Fred and depending on the outcome will possibly post more detailed pictures at a later date.
I guess the big question is, what would people be willing to pay for these mods, and would Fred be able to produce them in a cost effective manner?

James, I started thread a couple of days ago called Going Out On A Limb! I expressed my desire for the WSM to be enhanced by Weber and offer to TVWB members as a "Special/Limited Edition" (actually someone elses idea for that) for 250-300 bucks for the SE/LE Smoker. Chris A. along with other does not think those mods will be done by Weber - at least anytime soon and I am bound to agree with them unless something drastically changes the Weber mindset on this topic. It sounds like you guys are on a good track and I dont know how much I would pay for the individual mods, but I would be willing to get off of some reasonable bucks for items I would not have to build myself. I think that is what you are talking about.

Tony

Just saw the pics. WOW! Lookin good in the neighborhood. I too would be interested in the mods you describe.

For the baked potatoes I suggest a change from the classic foil. Cover your potatoes with olive oil and rub with a mixture of sea salt, cracked black pepper and granulated garlic. This mix creates a crispy outer skin and flaky potato that is unsurpassed. HM good!

Originally posted by Thom Tomlinson:
Just saw the pics. WOW! Lookin good in the neighborhood. I too would be interested in the mods you describe.

For the baked potatoes I suggest a change from the classic foil. Cover your potatoes with olive oil and rub with a mixture of sea salt, cracked black pepper and granulated garlic. This mix creates a crispy outer skin and flaky potato

thanx for the advice I will try that tomorrow at the birthday!that is unsurpassed. HM good!

Back