More Buffalo at my daughters request!

Larry Wolfe

Closed Account
While at the pool yesterday I asked my daughter what she wanted for dinner. She immediately said, 'can we have buffalo burgers'. We were on the same wave length cause I was thinking the same thing. So buffalo it was and of course my wife wouldn't come out of her box she lives in to try something new and had a F$%#ING Bubba Burger again......we'll see who has the better cholesterol in 10 years!

She picked this Buffalo Meat up from Super Target. As soon as I saw it, I was skeptical cause I haven't tried this one yet, but there was absolutely no difference between this brand except it was cheaper!!
IMG_5475.jpg

Started off with the corn that had been soaked in water, salt, pepper and granulated garlic. What a waste of time though, this was the worst tasting corn I've ever had, something was wrong with it but it looked fine. Tasted like feed corn, bleh.
IMG_5483.jpg

Sliced sweet potato fries, red onion and red pepper, drizzled with olive oil and salt and pepper.
IMG_5490.jpg

Added with the corn.
IMG_5491.jpg

After a few minutes, I added the pepper and onion.
IMG_5502.jpg

Burgers are ready to go on, seasoned with salt and pepper.
IMG_5503.jpg
IMG_5505.jpg

Everything is just about ready.
IMG_5509.jpg

Dinner is served!
IMG_5511.jpg

MY burger and I've gotta say, I wanted another. The roasted pepper and onion were an amazing compliment to the buffalo. Served on a multi-grain bun to keep things healthy!
IMG_5519.jpg
IMG_5521.jpg

Outstanding looking Larry. Seems there was a burger and corn storm in NoVA last night.
icon_wink.gif

Love the roasted pepper/onion combo on the bun too.

Way to go w/ the whole wheat. I think that tastes better anyway.
icon_biggrin.gif
Been using Arnold "Sandwich Thins" for our burgers lately - almost like a whole wheat pita.

Looks great !!! Hey Jeff, have you seen any ground bison around these parts? I've gotta try this...

Another great looking meal Larry. The Bubba burger loos a little deformed, is it suppose to be in the shape of something?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
as usual, that looks yummy. what does the buffalo taste like? wanna know before i go out and get some. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Tastes like chicken, george .. CHICKEN !!
icon_rolleyes.gif

icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
ok, ok, i'll try it. chicken, riiiight.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Hays:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
as usual, that looks yummy. what does the buffalo taste like? wanna know before i go out and get some. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
icon_rolleyes.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Beautiful!
Check out the fourth last photo... see that lil' puff o'smoke toward the top?
Larry Wolfe wore that grill out cookin'up those BuffBurgers&SweepotatoFries&Corn&Peppers... yep, that there grill jus gave up. Gave it all it had...and produced some fine lookin' grub I'd eet in seconds flat!
icon_biggrin.gif

Larry you're killin' me with these pics...I've got to find some buffalo meat... What a meal!

Wow, That burger looks great, even though, I've never had Buffalo before. The onions/carrots and bell peppers, looks Great!!!!

I just found a buffalo ranch that is less than 20 minutes from my house that I never knew of. Thinking about going there Friday to pick up a steak or roast to try!

icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
ok, ok, i'll try it. chicken, riiiight.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Hays:
icon_rolleyes.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE> you guys crack me up
icon_wink.gif

Back