Mojo Chipotle

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
OK, I saw this at the store and had to try it. Many of us love our Mojo and to combine it with Chipotle I thought was genius. I was wrong - at least with a store bought version. This was made by Goya, but was more like a store bought BBQ sauce with a little heat. Granted, I only marinated for about 90 minutes, but I think it could be better. Nonetheless, not a bad meal. I did some sweet corn with a butter, onion powder, cumin, hot sauce combo (very pleased), and a yellow tomato and avocado salad w/ S&P, EVOO and Balsamic.

P6160006.jpg

P6160009.jpg

Sure looks fantastic! I've used the Goya Chipotle once before - on some wings - it was good enough, but Orange Marmalade Siracha wings top it hands down. I use the Publix Mojo. It's cheaper than the Goya and I USED to be able to get it in gallon jugs. I haven't tried making it myself yet, but I understand that's the killer. I just can't find the blood oranges that most recipes call for. Great looking cook!

Pat

Great looking plate. I'm surprised the mojo and chipotle didn't go together. I figured it would be a big hit.

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Game</span> of the <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">colors.</span> <span class="ev_code_BROWN">Very nice.</span>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Solak:
I'm surprised the mojo and chipotle didn't go together. I figured it would be a big hit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too. I'm thinking next time, I'll just mix the Mojo Criollo with a can of pureed chipotle's in adobo.

Back