Mmmm Ribs :)

pj lietz

TVWBB Fan
Good day all,

I found a great deal on some ribs yesterday so I figured with a day off we might as well feast ourselfs. Infact I was so happy with what I found yesterday, I went out and bought a 2nd pack this morning. On the off chance they don't get eaten, lol, I'll vacu-pack em and freeze them
icon_biggrin.gif

Heres' the first batch geting prep'ed,

_DSC0271.jpg

A little yellow mustard.

_DSC0272.jpg

A little of my home made rub, I've taken a lot of bits and such rom things I've seen all over the web,

_DSC0273.jpg

Here is both packs ready to go on the smoker
icon_biggrin.gif

_DSC0001.jpg

Prepin the smoker with the minon method, a little hickory and apple on there for the flavor.

_DSC0003.jpg

Here's old faithful acting as a table for today,

_DSC0004.jpg

Lower rack gets the trimings,

_DSC0007.jpg

Bottoms done, now for the top, it's the first time I've filled the rib rack,

_DSC0011.jpg

_DSC0013.jpg

All sealed up for a few hours, I'll post more when I pop the top!

_DSC0018.jpg

Thanks for looking
wsmsmile8gm.gif

PJ, great pics! Those ribs are lookin good. Just wished you lived closer so I could stop by for dinner!
icon_biggrin.gif

Hey PJ - Nice presentation on the "Rib Cook". Be sure to post the finished product - Looks good my friend. With a batch like that I don't think we'll hear Jim Lampe growling at you for not having a full plate. If you've noticed, his is always full, in the beginning that is. lol. Thanks for sharing. Bob Bailey
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Oh wow, thanks for the replies guys! The way I see it, better not leave any free space in the smoker, lol....

Anyway, I just took the lid off for the first time and here's what was waiting for me
icon_biggrin.gif

_DSC0019.jpg

_DSC0020.jpg

Looks like the litte snack parts are almost done...

Alright, no dinner is complete with out side's so here they are... A few fresh spuds and a few pounds of asparigus toasted up on the sumit. I tossed a bit of apple wood in the smoke box on the gasser to give a bit of flavor,

_DSC0021.jpg

Then I tossed the trimings on the gasser for a little homemade sauce
icon_biggrin.gif

_DSC0022.jpg

_DSC0023.jpg

_DSC0024.jpg

_DSC0025.jpg

Then it was time to put a bit of sauce on the racks,

_DSC0026.jpg

_DSC0027.jpg

Fresh off the grill,

_DSC0028.jpg

_DSC0029.jpg

_DSC0030.jpg

Mmmmm Ribs
icon_biggrin.gif

_DSC0037.jpg

Outstanding looking ribs and your plate up pic is a thing of beauty. Great job on your cook and write up.

Fantastic presentation PJ! Very Nice Indeed!!
Ya know, Bob Bailey is absolutely 100% correct, a full plate is a work of art and you, my friend, have the brush strokes of Picasso.
Your last photo is beyond suitable for framing. Simply Spectacular!

The color of the finished ribs is world class. I am going to cook some baby backs Sunday. I can only hope they turn out as good.

PJ - "Now thats what I'm talkin about". Phew! Nice job. And just before Jim Lampe got in here to critique it. lol. I knew he would be impressed with your cook and just had to HooRah you a little. That really was a nice presentation and a great looking plate. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing your next post. Bob
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Great looking ribs! Now all those people who keep asking about what to do with trimmings when you do St. Louis style can see you shouldn't even be asking that question
icon_wink.gif

And I told my wife I wasn't gona do ribs fo a couple more weeks
icon_rolleyes.gif
So Now I gotta go hunt up some loin backs for tommrow .

Those are some great looking ribs !
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back