Mediterranean chicken thighs

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Olympian
First cook since Passover. Excited to get back to a usual diet.

Chicken thighs with Sadaf Mediterranean blend, salt and gran garlic, with lemon juice and EVOO.

Served with vermicelli chicken rice, roasted yellow peppers and steam cauliflower.

1681611601019.jpeg

1681611620778.jpeg

1681611637220.jpeg

1681611653765.jpeg

Notice what’s missing in this pic?

1681611679163.jpeg

Last edited:
Brett this cook sounds interesting flavors and even looks better.
Love that plate shot the rice and veggies will marry well with the chicken flavors for sure.

Send a pic of the whole grill when u get a chance. I want to see that table.

Chicken looks amazing as usual.

Brett this cook sounds interesting flavors and even looks better.
Love that plate shot the rice and veggies will marry well with the chicken flavors for sure.
Exactly. The flavors all played well. The peppers were jarred, from Costco. They sell a three pack of red and yellow ones. The peppers are from the Mediterranean region in a salted water brine, but not salty in flavor.

The chicken seasoning played well with the other flavors. The margaritas made it all just a bit better 😂

This easily could have been a vegetarian meal, with grilled eggplants or asparagus as the main dish. Very light and flavorful.

The S6 looks lonely.
I’m still debating, mentally, adding a gasser to the island. I’m trying to figure out a use model. I don’t like proteins over gas anymore. JD has made coal cooking so much more flavorful. Even grilled veggies over JD taste better. That sweet smoke just makes a meal near perfect. I’m open to suggestions. I do see a wok burner. Then I can fry outside and not stink up the house.

That’s a beauty. I really think when the SmokeFire spits the bit I would have to buy one of those. Sadly I could then get rid of everything else except the Q-320 which I couldn’t be without.

EDH is on our short list of retirement possibilities, your cooks make it even more tempting. 😃

That’s a beauty. I really think when the SmokeFire spits the bit I would have to buy one of those. Sadly I could then get rid of everything else except the Q-320 which I couldn’t be without.
Exactly. All in one solution. That’s what drove my purchase. And never having to do the WSM squat to sear a smoked TT. That got old fast.

Larger cooks will be interesting. I have to be efficient with these 24”. I think I can easily turn out a feat for 20-25 people with this current setup. I’m hopeful this will be enough real estate

EDH is on our short list of retirement possibilities, your cooks make it even more tempting. 😃
PM me before you buy anything. Getting fire insurance is an issue up here and it’s getting tougher and tougher.

Hopefully we can do a TVWBB bbq later this summer. After August 2nd.

PM me before you buy anything. Getting fire insurance is an issue up here and it’s getting tougher and tougher.

Hopefully we can do a TVWBB bbq later this summer. After August 2nd.
That’s what my buddy was saying. He had all kinds of drama with a cancelled policy or something weird.

That’s what my buddy was saying. He had all kinds of drama with a cancelled policy or something weird.
Yup. I deal with this every day. You just have to choose wisely. Anything semi rural, hilly or with available fuel to burn will have difficulty securing a preferred policy, versus non-standard.

IMO it would be sweet to incorporate the WSK without the cart into an island configuration, similar to KJ & BGE with feet. If it could be done, the WSk may be to tall to mount on an island. Adding a gasser to the lineup will allow all of the meal to big cooked outside. Plenty of built in gasser's to choose from as well as SS cabinetry from BBQ Guys, time to start designing.

Back