Mediterranean burgers for dinner

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
So burgers were the votes for dinner tonight. And I want to take them in a different direction, so Mediterranean burgers it is.

Beef and lamb grind (about to do this) at a 50/50 ratio.

Will be served with roasted assorted peppers from Greece, along with grilled red onion, and spinach sautéed with anchovies, garlic, EVOO, black pepper and finished with fresh lemon juice (https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/wilted-greens-with-garlic-and-anchovies-240205/amp) on toasted ciabatta rolls.

With a farmers market salad, romaine, Kirby cucumbers, radishes, Emmentaler cheese chunks and cherry tomatoes (Costco purchase).

And likely a red wine to wash it down with.

First time cooking in 13 days. Hope I remember how to light the grill 😆😆😆

Pics to follow if you’re coming along for this ride.

Last edited:
I’m climbing aboard! I love those flavors. A local restaurant showed this as their special last night. First thing I thought was, “ I can do that!”
26EBCAB2-D540-4E6A-A6D8-DC745E999459.png

And the fun begins.

50/50 lamb and chuck. Around 9#

1658106515977.jpeg

Prime Chuck

1658106545701.jpeg

Boneless leg of lamb

1658106571134.jpeg

Single grind

1658106595658.jpeg

Medium plate

1658106620685.jpeg

Up close

1658106638452.jpeg

Double grind

1658106657073.jpeg

Up close

1658106676298.jpeg

21 6oz/170g patties and 2 110g for the pup

1658106734292.jpeg

Going to fire up the S6

Folsom Costco had fresh pomegranates on Saturday
Wow! That’s early! Mine won’t be ready until late September/early October. Lime tree is in full production right now. Going to have a lot of fruit this harvest. Meyer lemon tree is still playing catch-up.

Thanks! Flavor and taste was great too. Five of six of us, plus pup, had two each. All the spinach was eaten. Dinner was a winner.
Looking great, the S6 sure does look good loaded with burgers. Especially al exactly the same weight.
If no sides I could maybe squish 2 in there......can't remember the last time I ate 2 burgers in one sitting....
Looks really good though, I neve tried a beef / lamb combo before.

Where's the LIKE ALL @Brett-EDH button??? Now I'm tempted to buy a meat grinder. If I do, I'm gonna be chopped liver!
Thanks,@Darren Lebner. Your generous and kind words do mean a lot. I am using my KA mixer with an Amazon metal grinder attachment, and on speed 4 per manufacturer reccos. Grinding 9# is about the max this unit can do and which is around the max I usually grind. There have been a bunch of threads on grinders if you'd like to read about them. It's all pretty easy and the best part is, you'll know what's in your ground meat. And yes, you can grind calves liver too if you want that traditional Jewish chopped liver. We prefer sauteed chicken liver though but I could do both.

Looking great, the S6 sure does look good loaded with burgers. Especially al exactly the same weight.
If no sides I could maybe squish 2 in there......can't remember the last time I ate 2 burgers in one sitting....
Looks really good though, I neve tried a beef / lamb combo before.
The uniformity creates cooking consistency so each burger cooks nearly identically. Hard sear on each side, maybe two minutes a side then moved to indirect to finish up. 145-149F were the done temps and then a 5 minute rest, covered. The lamb requires a little more heat than just plain Chuck, which I take to 135F. Each burger was very juicy, as in VERY. Just fully cooked through but retaining all their juices.

Side was a garden salad, which my sous chefs left out the cheese. But I'm grateful to have had help in the kitchen so I don't complain.

This was dinner for 6 adults and one Boston Terrier (he ate his two 110g burgers).

I definitely recommend the beef lamb 50/50 blend. Even people who don't "like" lamb enjoy these burgers as the lamb isn't pronounced nor gamey in flavor. And this blend makes great kabobs as well. Give 'em a shot. My bet is you'd really enjoy them.

Hot sear is the trick so they stay together. I was running sear at 1100F per the IR gun. JD was the fuel, and done on the CI grate I've linked to before.

Back