Meater Kickstarter

Tommy B

TVWBB Pro
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...uly-wireless-smart-meat-thermom?ref=discovery

check out that link. A company has created a wireless meat probe with an ambient temp built in.
It last 48 hours per charge
Internal temperature sensor range: 212°F (100°C)
Ambient temperature sensor range: 527°F (275°C)

THE BEST PART (in my opinion) is you can check your probe readings anywhere your phone has wi fi.... AKA I can go to church and keep an eye out on my WSM.

I do not have one but this is ideal for a rotisserie

It works via Bluetooth with your phone.... I am going to have to invest!

Last edited:
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...uly-wireless-smart-meat-thermom?ref=discovery

check out that link. A company has created a wireless meat probe with an ambient temp built in.
It last 48 hours per charge
Internal temperature sensor range: 212°F (100°C)
Ambient temperature sensor range: 527°F (275°C)

THE BEST PART (in my opinion) is you can check your probe readings anywhere your phone has wi fi.... AKA I can go to church and keep an eye out on my WSM.

I do not have one but this is ideal for a rotisserie

It works via Bluetooth with your phone.... I am going to have to invest!

Do you really think its a good idea to be checking on your WSM while at church? Don't let your Pastor see you. :D

I've seen these kickstarters fall thru and early investors loosing their money. It may be a great idea... but I recommend waiting until the product hits the market vice backing a prototype project.

WiFi and Bluetooth? Hmm...

I've seen these kickstarters fall thru and early investors loosing their money. It may be a great idea... but I recommend waiting until the product hits the market vice backing a prototype project.

WiFi and Bluetooth? Hmm...

I have invested in a few kickstarters. If the product does not make it typically you get your money back. I am sure there are stories where someone lost some money but I have been happy the few times I have invested. I would never shell out more money then I could afford to lose.

Do you really think its a good idea to be checking on your WSM while at church? Don't let your Pastor see you. :D

haha. I would be more worried about my wife as opposed to my pastor!
It would be nice to check right before and after service. We like to go to lunch after church so it would be nice to know if the WSM is at the target temp before deciding to go to lunch.

If I could sell all the wireless thermometers I already have for half of what I paid for them I'd buy a set of these in a second. I might anyway, but I'd like to hear some user reviews first, especially whether the wireless range is significantly reduced when the probe is inside a smoker with the lid on.

Looks like they have easily exceeded their fundraising goal. With 9 days left, they have $481,439 pledged toward the $100,000 goal.

I'd kick in if they needed it, but they are doing fine, so I will probably wait for a generation or two of improvements. I'd like to see it get thinner and rated for a higher temp. It gets pretty hot inside my kettle for some rotisserie cooks.

The Dad Cooks Dinner blog has a piece about it. He even thought about putting the probe in the bag with your sous vide items.

This has to be the way for the future. Once folks see they can ditch the wires AND monitor things by phone, the old style monitors will fade away.

Back