Meat loaf

I just came across this post searching for grill mats as my son gave a couple. That meatloaf looks great. About how long did it take to cook? My mother used to grow her own horseradish and it was nuclear. I keep trying but the ones we grow just don't have the same kick.
I cook to internal temp. It was probably 1 1/2-2 hours. A normal meatloaf in the oven at 350° takes about an hour.

Looks awesome.
I would of given up my dinner for 2 breakfasts if I was the overnight guest.
Looks amazing.
Loco Moco is my weakness. When I lived in Hawaii I was hard pressed to order anything else for breakfast. That said one cafe that I ate at a lot had one of the best bagel sandwiches. The cook me how to cook a perfect runny yolk fried egg that made it. Also their Siamen (noodle soup) was spot on.

We found the secret to hot horseradish was to dig it in the fall, usually late Sept.

The absolute best store bought I've found is St Elmo's Extra hot. It's crazy hot and will light you up.
I had read that September was the best time to pull it. I am pretty sure that my mom used to pull hers in early spring for Passover and use it as the Bitter herbs. We had extended family come and it was a test of "manliness" how much you could eat.

Back