Maverick 732 more range

James Lake

TVWBB Emerald Member
I finally figured out how to get more range out of my Maverick 732.
IMAG0571_zps5f011fbd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Now I can check on my cooks from the office.

Tomorrow we are going to boating at the lake and I wanted to take some smoked turkey sammies. I brined the turkey in a salt mixture with Jalapeno and red pepper flakes.

IMAG0568_zpsd5ad2404.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Applied a rub and wrapped the turkey in bacon. I smoke the turkey with a mixture of apple and mesquite.

IMAG0569_zps8de068e8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The bird has been on the WSM for 3 hours. The WSM has been running at 260 and the turkey is at 144 another 20 degrees to go.

After another 2 hours, 5 hours total the bird hit 165.

IMAG0576_zpsdb1c0de5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I let the bird rest for 30 minutes and I started pulling it.

IMAG0577_zps9616817e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Two plates of goodness waiting for sammies tomorrow.

IMAG0581_zps7637bb17.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG0582_zps28d9d82c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

You all have a safe and happy weekend!

Last edited:
Good thing smoking chicken and turkey is relatively healthy or this site would turn me into a fat blob...I don't eat pork or beef, which I only mention those two meats.

Every food post I see on here makes me want to go cook...:)

Good thing smoking chicken and turkey is relatively healthy or this site would turn me into a fat blob...I don't eat pork or beef, which I only mention those two meats.

Every food post I see on here makes me want to go cook...:)

Dex;
I have grilled and BBQ'd more this past couple or three years than at "almost" anytime previously. The last few months I have deliberately lost nearly 40 lbs. You can do it and still eat normally (at least for one meal a day:eek:).

I am, right now, figuring out a chicken parts cook along with a Pepper Stout Beef (may do both in the WSM).

Just a thought...

Dale53

Great day at the lake, sorry no action pictures of the sammies being eatin, we were hungry!

IMAG0584_zps5f2ddfbd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Can you guess why they call this lake of the woods

IMAG0585_zps36f4614e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I would hate to feed the guy that sits in this chair.

IMAG0589_zps31ff0da4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I have the original Maverick... Seems like if I dont keep in in the window 4 feet from the base unit it doest get range. Any ideas?

--Scratch that. I see what you did there. I actually have a 6 camera system here at home but I couldn't get the remote close enough to one.

Guess Ill install another camera lol.

Back