Master-Touch Premium Charcoal Grill 22" - New to the USA?!

I was really jealous when these came out in Europe. I wish it had the stainless GBS grates like others have mentioned but we probably didn't get them to lower the cost. If my kettle were to die on me I'd go this route. I've got an old OTS that I've modified with a thermometer and ash bucket. I hate having to find a place to set the lid all the time. I wish I had the hinge or the lid bail sometimes. That silly hook on the lid doesn't cut it.

I have had the grill since Saturday, I really like it. I wanted to get the Summit Charcoal but I balked at the price, this is great compromise.
I have cooked a whole, spatchcocked chicken and some shrimp & broccoli for stir fry. I did a test run first by filling the charcoal ring with KBB, I took out about 12 briquettes and lit them. I put them in the center of the lit charcoal, let it burn for about 5 minutes and then put the diffuser on and closed the lid. It stabilized out at about 230 with out messing with the vents at all. I haven't tried any long cooks with smoking temps yet but I am excited to see how long it can go. The charcoal ring holds just a little more than a full chimney so there is room for a few chunks of wood too.

The hinge is really stout and balances the lid great!

Here's what I really found amazing. After the test with the ring and diffuser, I spread the charcoal out and opened the vents wide. After a few minutes the temp was over 600! I could never get my older kettle above 475, even with lump. I think that the extra area created by the P-vents creates more airflow.

I believe that the piece of the hinge that is affixed to the lid has a thermoplastic section that is designed to be a second handle to facilitate removal of the lid.
Yeah, I was concerned about this too, but the handle on the hinge is nice, lifting the lid is no problem. I tested the fit of the rotisserie and it will work fine too.

I am at the VERY early stages of planning an outside cooking center. A spring project that will include my WSM, my Lynx gasser and a new Kettle. The kettle options make my head spin. This is the one that stands out most for me (though I am still contemplating a 26 of some sort). Since it will be mounted in a large counter, the front handle trumps a classic top mounted handle. Definitely want the GBS. Smoking ability is less important.

But that over-engineered hinge! A bit too much. I am pretty happy with the unknownbbq hinge I just put on my WSM and figured that would work just fine.

Aura makes a heat deflector system, but doesn't come with a charcoal ring. It does include SS cooking grates, so not a bad value there.

Tom Horsman said in the video that Lynn posted that Weber is not selling the diffuser plate and charcoal chamber separately. Has anyone called Weber and tried to order them?

Here are the part numbers:

67571 Diffuser plate, Master-Touch
67587 Charcoal chamber, black

Tom Horsman said in the video that Lynn posted that Weber is not selling the diffuser plate and charcoal chamber separately. Has anyone called Weber and tried to order them?

Here are the part numbers:

67571 Diffuser plate, Master-Touch
67587 Charcoal chamber, black
I imagine that when Weber starts to sell them they will also start popping up for sale on sites like eReplacement and those sites.

I'm not in a big rush to get them, but am curious to see what Weber will say if someone calls.

I would like to know the reasoning why this was only offered in Europe until now. Which models sold in the US are not available in Europe? Maybe the thinking is that they are expensive in Europe and might as well make it fully loaded?

Back