Manifold Compatability

DannyGarcia

TVWBB Member
Good morning!

Who can tell me if the manifolds for these two grills are compatible? Other than the one has a side burner, will I be able to swap them ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240503_074123_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240503_074123_Chrome.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20240428_090146_OfferUp.jpg
    Screenshot_20240428_090146_OfferUp.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 8
Left is a Genesis Silver/Gold B/C and right is a Genesis 1000-5000. Get one matching those models for whichever grill you have.

Left is a Genesis Silver/Gold B/C and right is a Genesis 1000-5000. Get one matching those models for whichever grill you have.
Thanks Bruce ya, im looking for 1000-5000 but wasnt sure if the Silver/Gold manifold still lined up. Thanks guys !

Ok how about this one ? Will the green top manifold work with the black top in orig post ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240504_162349_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240504_162349_Chrome.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 4
I don't believe so. All the grills with the solid surface side tables were shallow firebox grills. All the ones with wood/Durawood were deep fire box

Aahahaa Steve I jist saw that one too and sent them a message!
It looks like it's missing the flip up table, the tank scale, and the condiment basket. They also have angle brackets on the frame so it's not particularly desirable at $60. You need a manifold and I need a better Skyline lid. I have an extra tank scale if they don't have it.

It looks like it's missing the flip up table, the tank scale, and the condiment basket. They also have angle brackets on the frame so it's not particularly desirable at $60. You need a manifold and I need a better Skyline lid. I have an extra tank scale if they don't have it.
I got it. Frame is shot but I figured 40 with the tank and cover is worth it

Nice score! Was there a grease tray? Those are hard to find. And now you have a spare deep cookbox - not a bad thing either.
Grease tray was there but the brackets are busted off the cookbox so they screwed the tray to the cookbox ... so theres a hole in both .... the valves work, i tested it but they dont click nicely from high to medium to low, should I clean them up ?

Grease tray was there but the brackets are busted off the cookbox so they screwed the tray to the cookbox ... so theres a hole in both .... the valves work, i tested it but they dont click nicely from high to medium to low, should I clean them up ?
Bummer about the holes they drilled. The valves should turn smoothly from high to low. There are threads in this forum that show how to dismantle, clean, and re-grease the valves. BUT... If the little screws near the shaft are rusted you will need to be very careful and patient getting them out. So, if the valves work and don't leak I'd leave them alone and run it. Oil the little screws (front and back) so they stop rusting in case you do need to take them apart someday later.

Back