Making New Memories With An Old Memory

Bruce, that synthetic brake lube is .99 in a packet at Autozone or whatever it is usually on the counter with a bunch of other grease packets. Probably enough in one packet to last for 40 grills.

Chris's video is great but be aware if your doing your 1000 valves they are way different than the summit. When you unscrew the plates holding the valves in take the stem out gently there is a black stop washer on the bottom of the stem below the plates it has to go back in the same way it came out and take pictures of the valve body before you pull it out the orientation with the stem and valve body. That black washer can be a pain as when you put the spring back in then try to put the stem and plate back in it can fall out so take your time. Also the plates that hold the valves in have a notch on them which must face the grill you will see them before you take them apart.

I have done six valves really does make a huge difference if you have ones that are sticking they really work like brand new.

Use the lube sparingly and don't clog any of the holes with the lube by accident

Brian, thanks for the added insights. I have gathered my materials and am tryin to work up the time and nerve to free up a side burner valve that currently won’t even turn. Also have lots of old manifolds for my stacked up projects, and I am sure they will benefit from this treatment. Your fresh experience is very helpful.

Jon, that is what I did to the propane manifold you sold me if you remember you said one was difficult to turn I had already done them on another manifold so it was easy. The valve body may be stuck just keep pulling on it and it will come out. I should have taken pictures my bad.

Back