Making my 22.5" wsm mine!

RGleason

TVWBB Super Fan
Installed some wheels and my Mav et732 feed throughs........

Casters are from Home Depot as well as the electrical lamp thread,nuts, and caps.
Next is handles to lift the mid section!

null_zpsf3b5f603.jpg

null_zpsb04a1e86.jpg

I noticed that you installed two inlets side by side. Is one inlet for the top rack and one for the bottom rack?

I noticed that you installed two inlets side by side. Is one inlet for the top rack and one for the bottom rack?

one inlet is for meat temp and the other is for cooker temp. i chose side by side because i thought it looked better lol. doesnt really matter because i can use both probe holes for either top or bottom grate.

one inlet is for meat temp and the other is for cooker temp. i chose side by side because i thought it looked better lol. doesnt really matter because i can use both probe holes for either top or bottom grate.

Got it. I used the same hardware on an old Masterbuilt smoker but I actually feed both the meat and BBQ temp probes through the same inlet. I put one inlet just above the two grill racks.

I just ordered a WSM 22.5 which I'll receive on Wednesday and am thinking of doing the same mod. However I'm a little concerned about drilling through this beauty. Any advice on drilling? Any special prepping before you drilled?

Thanks!

Biggest thing is put masking tape over where you are drilling. This keeps paint from chipping and protects from scratches. Also be sure to mark your start to the hole with a center punch to get the hole started. Always start with a small bit and step up. I use a kwik step bit which is very handy and automatically steps up diameter holes.

Back