Making Chili in 105 Heat

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Tried to think of something different for dinner yesterday without heating up the house. It’s 105 outside and not wanting to do the ever popular chops, chicken, burgers, brats, been there done that to many times this summer or anything that requires me to babysit the grill or WSM for hours on end in the heat.
Ah ha Chili, prep in the cool kitchen, char the peppers from our garden and brown the onion and the meat in the DO on the side burner of the gasser. Mix it up and let it simmer inside the gasser for a few hours to blend and reduce. Brilliant!
Barb jumped in with some homemade cornbread with the left over chopped peppers I had, also cooked on the gasser.
Was great chili and corn bread and so easy.
S1033863_zpsyoo1nltc.jpg

S1033866_zpsnc1e1pym.jpg

S1033870_zps6zosvjwc.jpg

S1033875_zpsxmi7lof0.jpg

S1033879_zpstldomub0.jpg

Corn bread
S1033881_zpsoxtecywe.jpg

S1033885_zpsqzsnspp7.jpg

S1033896_zpsnvwq3w2o.jpg

plated
S1033899_zpspxoz96ps.jpg

Have a great and safe weekend

Great looking Chili and cornbread Rich. Doing the exact same cook in he next couple days. Bought the stuff for it on Thursday. Weird.

I was just talking to SWMBO about some chili today. Yours looks awesome but I don't envy the heat you cooked in. ...and LOVE the Gordon Biersch. We can't get it here :(. When in Germany, Export was my fav style of beer besides Bock, Helles, Dunkles, Weizen... and... oh well it was a good beir!

You could get it here if you were on the left coast. My son is a area manager for Gordon Biersch in California. They are trying to see if the can get a foothold in the USA, if I remember right their in California, Oregon and Nevada. Last time I talked to him they were struggling.

Back