Maintaining 1986 One Touch Silver

Karl Freienmuth

TVWBB Member
Hello all. I'm in the process of some maintenance work on my Red One Touch Silver that was purchased in 1986. It has an "H" stamped in the top damper.
I broke off the thumb screw (it was rusted) in an effort to disassemble & straighten the 3 worn out ash sweeper thingies. I am looking to replace Cleaning System entirely & am not sure which one to purchase.
Can someone direct me to which one I need & where to purchase it?
I'd be interested in a couple new 6" wheels also.
Thank you kindly!!

I hope this is the correct place to ask. :)

Thank you fellas! I believe I'll be able to locate what I need from your information.
I appreciate your prompt reply's!
This is one informative forum! :wsm:

I just had the same issue and replaced my ash damper with the part Chris linked above. To get the old bits off I hacksawed the ash catcher handle off adjacent to the big nut. Then the bottom washer came off and the rest came out from inside. The new parts just nest together with no bolts to seize in the future.

Note on the wheels- you can get a complete kit with the wheels, legs, axle, and bottom rack for about $30.

I just had the same issue and replaced my ash damper with the part Chris linked above. To get the old bits off I hacksawed the ash catcher handle off adjacent to the big nut. Then the bottom washer came off and the rest came out from inside. The new parts just nest together with no bolts to seize in the future.

Note on the wheels- you can get a complete kit with the wheels, legs, axle, and bottom rack for about $30.

Thanks for that! :)
I haven't seen the complete kit you mentioned.... but will keep looking. :cool:

Back