Made some bread

Hey, Tim, the local "bread guy" here!! :) Your Country loaf looks picture perfect!! Great interior crumb, and I've always loved the crust and rise you get baking in a dutch oven. You may not eat much bread, but if that's your first loaf that you kneaded, you have a knack for it!

Rich

Hey, Tim, the local "bread guy" here!! :) Your Country loaf looks picture perfect!! Great interior crumb, and I've always loved the crust and rise you get baking in a dutch oven. You may not eat much bread, but if that's your first loaf that you kneaded, you have a knack for it!

Rich
Thanks so much, Rich. Appreciate the kind words.

Looks great. I have the same book. Got into making sourdough when COVID first hit and really love the book. Lots of good recipes in there.

I'm intimidated by sour dough. Really want to try but afraid I'll **** it up.
I messed up a few loaves. It happens. It’s like most things where practice makes you better. You should give it a try. Once you get a starter going it’s pretty hard to kill it. Mine has been going for 3 years now. I only make bread around once a month since it’s only me and my wife And it’s pretty hard to resist a loaf right out of the oven.

Back