Made my first pizza, kinda... 2.0

LeoP.

TVWBB Member
Well I decided to try my hand at pizza again. It went a lot better this time only a couple issues. I got a little over zealous with the flour trying to avoid the sticking issue I had before, will have to cut back and find the perfect amount. The second issue was heat control I burned one end of the pizza, I will have to excitement with fire placement so I get a more even cook.

Built on the peel:

Fire started:

On the stone:

Finished project:

Lookin better! Looks like you need more heat on top. If you have charcoal baskets, set your stone on those for the next cook. I added photos of the set up I use to use on your last pizza post. Since you're still practicing, you can give my setup a try and see how that works. I cook a lot of pies and have tried many different methods.

That's a much better pie this go around Leo! Looks like you're getting the routine down. My new kettle pizza is still sitting under it's cover because of the winds here and now rain and wind.
Oh well while I waiting I'm watching what everyone else is doing with their pizza cooks and making notes.

Try using parchment paper under your pies instead of flour. After the pizza is on for a few minutes you can slide the paper out. Just don't have the paper overhanging the stone.

I agree with Bob, 100%. Parchment makes the transfer SO easy.
And Leo.....the pizza looks really good. To get more heat on the top, have you tried "propping up" the kettle lid? I use a 3' long stainless skewer between the lid and the base. That way I can rock the lid towards the back of the grill which causes the heat to go over the top of the pizza and exit the front of the kettle.
I'm still trying to perfect a pizza cook myself. I told my wife last night that we might need to buy a kettle pizza and dedicate the 18.5 Weber to a pizza oven. Of course I'll then have to buy a 22" Weber for our main charcoal grill. :)

Back