Lurker turned member

Drew Q

Hey all,

I've been a long time lurker but finally stopped being lazy and registered. I visit the site everyday and depend on the wealth of knowledge it provides anytime I want to cook somthing new (and sometimes just to find new ways to cook things old). Yall are an awesome community of men and women dedicated to preserving and defending the taste buds of human beings everywhere. Your countries thank you.

That being said...current situation: I just moved for a professional school and am temporarily in an apartment complex that doesn't allow grills of any kind. Stupidly before I moved I sent my 18in to the curb along with my rusted out charbroil duo. The last couple and next couple months have been and will be dedicated to deciding what's next....I've always wanted a performer with gas assist for convenience, but I'm not sure if I'll regret not going for the 26. I love the size of the 26 but I think I'd miss having a table and gas starter. And yes, I use a chimney and it makes life easy already, but that gas assist would make it all the better. I've also considered just going for a 22 wsm, but my wife doesn't like smokey flavor so I'd feel like I wasn't fully utilizing it's capabilities (I think I'd also get a little irritated with bending over to cook on the days I just did burgers and dogs). I thoufht about going used and gettinf 2 cookers but id really rather a)buy new and b) stick with one cooker. The akorn is a possibility too...sigh. decisions decisions.

Anyways, love the site and I'm proud to be a member now.

Have a great day!

welcome Drew
go for the Performer - add the rotisserie and you'll never need another grill (actually that's a lie - that's just the start !!!!)

X4 and welcome to the forum Drew. If it is mainly just you and your wife the Performer will be fine. I love my Performer and can cook whole meals on it. I do with they made a 26" Performer because there are times I could use the extra real estate. Even if I had both the Performer and a 26", they would still both get used so go with what makes sense to you.

Thanks for the warm welcome and suggestions. I'll most likely go with the performer in the end but hot damn ,weber, c'mon! How many years of people begging for a 26 performer will it take to get one made?!

X 5 & 6 I get to vote twice cuz I have two gas assist performers. I love it when folks just say I want one do it all grill, just like I did when I joined this forum. Now I have 9 Weber grills and smokers. I had to build a parking lot in my back yard for them. It's known as the Weber syndrome and there is no known cure. No regrets though, I use them all.
Welcome to the forum, if you've been lurking you know what a great friendly place it is. Remember we like pictures.

Last edited:
Haha, I think I'd have "divorced" syndrome right around the same time I hit stage 2 or 3 weber syndrome.

Back