L'Oreal USA Volunteer Day 2012

Mike from Little Rock

TVWBB Super Fan
Our company recently had a dozen or so community service day projects, of course I volunteered to cook for our project along with several of my friends! This was for a North Little Rock neighborhood community center, Sherman Park, that gives upwards of 500 kids a day a place to play in a safe environment. Most of L'Oreal's people were putting on a carnival for the kids.

One of my buddies burning some of the 700 or so hot dogs we had on the stick burner in the background. I am working on the volunteers lunch, chicken thighs and bacon!
ad6d9e5b.jpg

More help has arrived, we had approx 30lbs of thighs that filled up both these kettles three times.
2dbaf8ad.jpg

I will direct traffic when needed!
c37c6bcf.jpg

It was a great day of giving back to our community and good fellowship! Thanks to DeWayne, Roger, Tom, Doc, Steve and Nick for all your help!
8f18b67e.jpg

Thanks for looking!

wsmsmile8gm.gif

Good looking food and it looks a great community to live in! On a side note, sure wish I could find those elevated racks you have in the kettles!

Mike, you and your help earned a badge (of some sort)!

<span class="ev_code_RED">Go Razorbacks!!</span>
<span class="ev_code_GREY">until you play the Badgers again</span>
icon_biggrin.gif

Community Service Days are always a good time. I have mine coming up in August cant wait.

Looks like you had the best job for the day!

Rene those are Weber #3200 warming racks, they have been discontinued in the states, but are still avaliable abroad (Europe & Australia). Every now and then someone runs across some back stock somewhere and screams JACKPOT! Keep an eye out on eBay and the sort, they do occasionally pop up!

wsmsmile8gm.gif

Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
Mike, you and your help earned a badge (of some sort)!

<span class="ev_code_RED">Go Razorbacks!!</span>
<span class="ev_code_GREY">until you play the Badgers again</span>
icon_biggrin.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">#RAZORBACKS!</span> Thanks Jim! Long story short! What turned out to be one of the best tailgates I ever threw was in Orlando in '07 @ the Capital One Bowl vs the Badgers! We were there a day early and joined with a group of UW fans from Madison for one big time! Badger fans are first class in my book! I have to say I was most impressed with the marching band!

wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back