Looking to replace '02 Genesis Silver B grates with GrillGrates

Everything is personal preference. I have had stainless and cast iron grates. SS is great for durability, but I prefer to cook on cast iron.

Ed, show me one post where I bashed Grill Grates.
Not you specifically! I've have never seen a harsh word from you (Bruce) about anything! You are one of the most positive, helpful, and supportive people at TVWBB and I am a huge fan of yours!

I was talking about "you" in the collective or group sense, not "you" in the specific sense. I was talking about those that never pass up an opportunity to get a bad word in about GrillGrates.

I really should avoid rehashing more, but I guess I will mention again what I said last year. I used GriilGrates very successfully on my 2-burner Skyline Silver A for the long winter season. No worries about rust. When warm weather came along, I switched to cast iron regular grates. A short re-learning curve and I was enjoying them just as much. When cold weather came this fall I put my cast iron away out if the elements and went back to GrillGrates. So I like EITHER way:

595D1FCF-5716-4078-BDA8-B7C4F103B370.jpeg
GrillGrates

C584EC7F-FC38-4ED9-92A0-D07CC507F029.jpeg
Cast Iron

Yes, I like the eye candy of diamond sear marks. However, I fully get that they do nothing to improve taste and would allow that an overall crust - not burn - produces better taste. You can use GrillGrates to do that by flipping them over, as has been noted, and you can even combine sear marks with an overall crust by using half your grate flat side up and half with rails up.

There. Beat it up again. I have no bones to pick with anyone who dislikes GrillGrates, but I enjoy having the opportunity to do my “to each his own” without being ridiculed or thought of as being poorly informed. Everyone has their own taste. I can at least say I regularly use GrillGrates AND other grate options.

Yeah, the kind of grates other people use doesn't really matter to me at all. I do appreciate it when people post things that they like though. I still like these:Screenshot_20220518-180026_Chrome.jpg

Back