Looking to purchase a new cooler

Cheap cooler and work towels works for me too. I kept my pork butt hot for 5 hours and I mean burn your hands hot!

That's the right path, inexpensive and non complicated is dead on target!

I continue to find it funny that we (grill people) seem to thrive on an illness I call "Gizmosis" almost as much as camera people! The difference is we are taking the simplest forms of cookery and seem to need to add all kinds of equipment to "improve" our end product! I am certainly infected with the bug, I have tons of "stuff with very specific use" in almost every corner of my house.
I was looking at my grill and was thinking how to use a big dog food dispenser for charcoal, how to use chimney flue tile for starter chimney holder, ..........ad nauseum!

They never stink, just smell "different"! Hahahah.!
That said, I might go along with the "dedicated" cooler as long as space allows.
Three grills, nine coolers, something is out of whack, don't you think?

I don't know but reaching into a cooler for a cold one with the scent of smoked anything wafting out sounds pretty close to heaven to me.

I use a foam ice chest that I bought at a liquor store about 20 years ago for $5.

It was originally intended for one and done duty, but it's lasted forever. It is perfect to drop a towel wrapped brisket in. Keeps it hot for hours. I store with the top off, and it smells fine. I sometimes use it for farmer's market runs with no issues.

And don't forget the Microwave or Oven. They are an insulated box, just like a cooler.

Tim

Back