Looking for New Gas Grill

Hello. As I mentioned in my introduction, I am in the market for another gas grill. I have had Weber's in the past and unless convinced otherwise, will be leaning in that direction moving forward. More so, with the Spirit 3XX series. It's just me and the missus now since the kids have left the house. I have enough alternate grill space when the head count increases. So, just looking for a daily driver, if you get my drift. I'd like to tap into the gas line for the house to stop changing tanks forever.

My two questions are: 1) Is the Sear Zone is an option worth having? 2) Is there any real benefit for having the Smart Grill feature?
I've got cast iron and carbon steel skillets for a reverse sear. However, my wife can kill a dead piece of meat twice over.

The only model I see on the Weber website is the EX-325s Smart Grill that have those two options at $650. There is an E-330 that has the Sear Zone, but listed as LP fueled. Am I missing something?

The Genesis line-up has more choices, but also increases the footprint and nearly doubles the cost. Methinks it's overkill.

Any advice and/or additional considerations are welcomed.

IMO, for an experienced griller, you don't need any thing on modern grills that were not on the earlier generations. You can sear anything you want on a Genesis 1000 or Silver B. You can buy a remoter thermometer that will be better than what Weber puts on the IGrill/smart grills. Buy one used and spend a couple hours and a few dollars fixing it up and use the extra $400-$500 on steaks.
The grill will likely be around for you to hand down to a grand son some day unlike anything put out these days. If you don't want to mess around with cleaning up and fixing an older grill, look for a local rehabber on the sale sites and buy one from them, still saving yourself several hundreds of dollars and having a grill that will way outlast a modern one.

I hear y'all and do not require a new gas grill, just new to me. Fixing something up is nothing new to me.

So a quick look on my local craigslist has these:

WEBER Spirit 3 burner NATURAL GAS not propane - $300

Weber Genesis Special Edition Natural Gas Grill - $100

Weber Genesis II E-335 Natural Gas Grill - $725 (new)

Very little more descriptions are mentioned. What immediately comes to your mind to further inquire about for on-line sales such as these?

My list of options are now wide open. Thanks guys.

A genesis 1000 or Genesis Silver B for under $100 unless it has been well rehabbed.

Something like this already rehabbed:

Or something like this if you want to do the work yourself.

We have 8 grills. The two primary ones are a NG E320 sidewinder and a gen 1000, now a 2000 we bought new in 1998.
The E320 is great because it never runs out of gas. Big Plus!
The gen 2000 is a work horse with the deep box great for Roti work too.
Both have required very little maintenance over the years.

100_6081.JPG

Sear burner is in my opinion a must have. I've cooked on otherwise identical E310 vs E330 and the quick high heat over half of the grill is well worth the added cost.

If you are shopping for new, this one is NG, has the sear and does not have the smart features.

20240707_160732.jpg

Boy every time I see that my skin crawls. Unless this "gas guy" knows it has compatible valves (because between NG and LP) they ARE different, you may get a grill that does not function properly. And worse MAY end up unsafe. There is no "kit" to convert one

Sounds like the confusion of 'natural gas to tap into the house' versus 'we have a 500 gallon propane tank to feed the house'.......
I hope you get it right the FIRST time.

Back