Looking for a new prepaid cell carrier

Sprint was bought out by TM.
Our service was Sprint, through Boost Mobile.
I have to assume that currently your service, and ours, is mostly going through TM's towers.
If you're still using one of those old Sprint phones they're getting very spotty at best. TM is rapidly turning off all the old Sprint CDMA signals. Going instead with GSM/LTE/5G

He's got me convinced. I'd switch right now, but my son is in his final year in college, and he has numerous study groups and it would be a pain in the butt if he had to change phone number right now. But as soon as he's done, I'm dumping Sprint
You might want to consider getting a Google Voice number. It's a free virtual phone number that can be set up to forward calls to any number you want. You give people the virtual number, that never changes, and if you ever change actual phone number you just forward the virtual one to that new number. I've been using it for a decade or more. You can also set things up so your outgoing calls are made through Google Voice, though that requires dialing a Google outgoing number and then the number you're calling. Android cell phones can be set up to do it automatically. Of course, whether you want Google knowing who's calling you is another issue.

Plus, like said above, you can transfer your existing number to your new carrier. You will need to have some other numbers beside the phone number but the new carrier can help you with that.

Sprint was bought out by TM.
Our service was Sprint, through Boost Mobile.
I have to assume that currently your service, and ours, is mostly going through TM's towers.
Sprint has been OK for us. It was really good when we used to go to Mexico a lot. My only real complaint is the price. Since we're planning on moving to either KY or TN, we'll make the change then. Just waiting for our youngest to finish up college. He wants to be a flight nurse, you have to have your MSN to qualify. The extra 2 years to get his MS are holding me back from just working on my tan

Lotta technical stuff and strong opinions above, but all I can say is I've been using StraightTalk for about 4 years and I'm satisfied with it. I use the cheapest unlimited plan and its plenty for me. I dont do games, streaming, etc just talk, text and occasional Messenger (if there's a Weber I cant resist LOL). With tax, i think my total is about $36.
I just use a Galaxy S7 - something else that's good enough for me. 😁
StraightTalk says I am using the Verizon nextwork... but i suppose they could be lying to me. 🙄🤷‍♀️

Over a year ago I switched from T-Mobile to Spectrum Mobile. No problem with T-Mobile so I'm not bad mouthing them. I did it to save money. Spectrum works in Florida and on our recent trip to Colorado. My experience is that I've had no, none, zero gaps in coverage everywhere I've gone and I pay 28 bucks a month for the 1 Gig plan on each of our 2 phones. However, Spectrum may still only the service to Spectrum Internet customers and your phone may not work if it's a CDMA phone. It's another option.

Over a year ago I switched from T-Mobile to Spectrum Mobile. No problem with T-Mobile so I'm not bad mouthing them. I did it to save money. Spectrum works in Florida and on our recent trip to Colorado. My experience is that I've had no, none, zero gaps in coverage everywhere I've gone and I pay 28 bucks a month for the 1 Gig plan on each of our 2 phones. However, Spectrum may still only the service to Spectrum Internet customers and your phone may not work if it's a CDMA phone. It's another option.
Spectrum is looking like a viable option, they use Verizon.
We already have their tv, home phone, and Wi-Fi. It would cost us $42 for 3 GB a month, and we can get the Samsung A32 5G phones for $11.50 per month for 24 months. Total per phone cost would be the same as current prices.
Bottom line is for $5 more than we pay now we can have new phones and 5G service.

Now I assume you're over 55. Go to T-Mobile and buy the Magenta 55+ plan. Get new 5G phones and believe me you will have outstanding service at terrific prices. I am saving over 50% from my former AT&T plan (even with my United Airlines employee discount!)!
Sounds like me. Had AT&T and went with the T-Mobile 55+ plan. Even with 2 new phones to amortize over 2 years. it was cheaper, then dropped to $70/mo total for 2 lines and everything unlimited. In addition, they pay for basic Netflix or apply that money to an upgraded level of Netflix. You can subtract that from the monthly cost. Coverage, signal and service have been better.

Back