Looking for a cheap Weber or curbside pickup?

I am picking up a $10 Q100 tonight. I am not expecting a lot, but the grates look "OK" and in better shape than what my current Q100 has. It might just wind up being a parts grill. But it comes with the 20lb propane tank adapter, optional fold out shelves and a collapsible cart, so just the accessories are worth the $10.

lJZoy5F.jpg

Post up some photos. Is it a cabinet or open style grill? What year is it?

Here is the photo from the listing:
2v2J5uWPvx9jnnR.jpg

I will take better ones tonight.

Cabinet style Genesis, I believe it is an 05, I have not even tried to look at the tag, but it had the black knobs and igniter button and I think I read those were 05 only.
The front doors of the cabinet are long gone and the bottom shelf is rotted out, but the rest of the grill is in pretty darn good shape, better than it looks in the photo.

If it was me, that would be a parts grill. But, yes, I believe it is a 2005 model. It would take some significant parts and work to restore unless you simply wanted to get it to a functional state. Once you remove that rotted out bottom panel, you will loose the left to right support at the bottom of the legs. The doors would need replacing as well as the knobs you stole. I am not sure if the left swing table is repairable. But if you simply do some clean up and replace the internals (grates, flavorizer bars and burners) as needed, it would still be a fully functioning grill. Otherwise, I would just part it out and look for another grill to swap some of those parts onto.

Looks like a special edition Genesis Silver B with the black knobs and right swing up table. Probably 2005 to 2006. If the frame is solid that it is an easy fix. Rip out the floor and convert into an open car model. If the floor is that badly rusted the side panels and back panel may have rust at the bottom as well.
Check for rust at the cross bar left of the firebox. Especially around the center where the bolt sits which holds the firebox.

I will be looking at it more closely tonight and will update with my plans - perhaps post a thread if it is worthwhile.

I don't know if the left swing table is repairable either, but we will see if it is.

No pressure - I got it for free and already robbed the parts off of it I needed.

I am picking up a $10 Q100 tonight. I am not expecting a lot, but the grates look "OK" and in better shape than what my current Q100 has. It might just wind up being a parts grill. But it comes with the 20lb propane tank adapter, optional fold out shelves and a collapsible cart, so just the accessories are worth the $10.

lJZoy5F.jpg

For $10, that is fantastic!! Well done.

lJZoy5F.jpg

You can't lose on that deal, Bruce! The grates don't look past redemption. The unknown based on a picture only is whether the handles are still attached firmly and the ceramic spacers are still intact. If so, then with some elbow grease on that grinder and some trim restorer for the black plastice you will have a nice grill for someone. Oh, and one of your amazing paint jobs on the lid:cool:

Here is the photo from the listing:
2v2J5uWPvx9jnnR.jpg

I will take better ones tonight.

Cabinet style Genesis, I believe it is an 05, I have not even tried to look at the tag, but it had the black knobs and igniter button and I think I read those were 05 only.
The front doors of the cabinet are long gone and the bottom shelf is rotted out, but the rest of the grill is in pretty darn good shape, better than it looks in the photo.

I would take that one even if only for parts. I do agree with the suggestions that you add two horizontal support bars (easy with McMaster inserts) and make it into an open cart grill. I actually had a 2005/6 Silver "Premium" I bought from a closeout at our Ace Hardware after the new 300 series came out. It didn't have the black knobs and handle but did have the double fold-down tables. Those black knobs seemed to have been used somewhat inconsistently.

Yah, I got it. Grill looks like it has been used. Grates with a quick look are in good shape. I didn't look at the burners or under the grates. The guy says the grill sometimes doesn't get hot. My guess is he was suffering from the vapor lock issue. No problem, I can fix it even if it is a regulator problem. I also got a good 20lb tank adapter hose, a fold up cart and 1lb canister of propane with it. So, even if I scrapped the grill, I did OK. I will give the cart to my daughter and her fiance. I already gave them a fully rehabbed Q100. When my daughter send me a photo of him out back bending over with the grill on the ground, I decided I need to set them up with a cart. That is now done. I also gave him a 20lb tank adapter hose.

Oh yah, also came with a Weber cover which is in good condition other than being dusty.

So I will start a thread on my next redhead resto which will not be started for a few months got to finish the wife's list. It was not a curbside pickup and he will most likely take the listing down soon but it was free not the grill grates of course. I had inquired about it last week and he emailed me could have it for free because one of the rails for the grease tray rusted thru so it dropped. But unlike my redhead where I needed to repair the posts with quiksteel they looked perfect just need to get the screws out and buy new ones.

I showed up tonight to pick it up wow was I surprised a little cosmetic rust on the left side but nothing where the bolt goes into the firebox and unlike mine I can actually still see the nut in the inside thinking taking this one out might not be so bad. The wood was in fantastic shape all that is needed is to sand them and hopefully spar them if I can get the grey stain off one board had some split marks, but I have a leftover piece to replace it.

The flavorizer bars are perfect and stainless took the magnet to them when I got home, looked at the burners and he said he had replaced them and the cross bar unlike my other one was fine. He decided to keep the grill grates which I intended to make him an offer he was going to cut them down for use on his other grill.

So he did not have the rotis out with the grill so I asked him if he wanted to sell it he went inside came out with the motor and the rod not baskets he said I knew more about it then he did went back in and came out with the spiked whatever they call it that plug into each side of the meat. He said he used it twice and the wooden handle looks new just needs some spar on it he did not want to deal with selling it so he actually gave it to me for free and its a genuine Weber and has the counterweight will have to hit Bruce up on some tips for that chicken he makes, got it home and showed the wife the rotis she actually got excited about that. So a good day should have no more than $100 bucks into this when I am done new grease rails gonna put the new tank scale on it then the decision on grates.

I put an offer in for the RC used grates in ATL I told him he needed to drop the price let them sit for a month if he got no hits and is willing to take my offer will be good there.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/for/d/weber-genesis-propane-grill/6675446164.html

By the way this couple I got this from were fantastic I showed them pictures of my redhead they asked me if I was going to do this one over and sell it so told them no this was going to be mine my daughter was getting married next year and that grill is going to her when they buy a house down the road. They seemed really happy it was going to be restored and live on.

Cool, the people that sold me the Skyline want to see my finished product as well.

But if you get that grill free, you got a steal. The roto is worth $30 at least. Good luck, looking forward to the restore thread.

Way to go, Brian! Looks like it has all the potential to be another one of your redhead beauties! When that guy gets tired of no phone calls maybe you will get a set of rc grates to boot!

Way to go, Brian! Looks like it has all the potential to be another one of your redhead beauties! When that guy gets tired of no phone calls maybe you will get a set of rc grates to boot!

Jon that is what I am hoping for he gets no hits. You have to get lucky sometimes and now I realize how lucky I was to get that grill for free. So he had it listed for $150 which for sure scared people off and that was because of the grillgrates. If I had not emailed him which he then discovered the rail rusting out dropping the grease pan he probably would not have said I could have it for free. Of course then looking at the wood the flavorizer bars and the relatively new burner it was a score that I did not expect.

So at the same time he listed that there was another redhead for 30 bucks, missing the left drop down table but less than a year on the burners and bars. Cast iron grates so down here just kill yourself maintaining them and I was going to pick that one up also but only could get one yesterday so figured if it was there would get it on Saturday for parts that one is actually gone he sold it Labor Day. Then when I saw what I got would not have bought it anyway.

I like the statement about replacing all the internal parts for $200

Those are the best. One I have seen more than once, “Starter doesn’t work but you can get one from Amazon for like ten bucks.” Really?!!! Then why don’t you DO that?!!!!!

Yes it is black. Interior of the firebox is done. But the firebox is straight. Probably a parts grill but for $0 I thought I grab it.

Back