Looking at a redhead purchase - advice requested

Steve Madden

TVWBB Super Fan
I’ve been looking for an older grill to restore and gift to my dad and this one popped up on Facebook. For the pros here, please have a look at the pictures the seller provided and see if any deal killers pop out to you. Thanks in advance!

A9E1425D-ECE2-4C3C-A38C-D1B6812FE08D.jpeg33DEE9DF-96E1-4B05-AE99-FAB2A8D81304.jpeg3DC35DA4-5B1B-47CB-8764-5891BB2368F2.jpeg46E8BE8C-28E9-4733-AE11-A7CD73B42121.pngEDABD1FC-764D-4103-96DD-ACA84F614714.png2F4F9EDE-CB1D-4B97-9BD2-B98D675D625E.pngD8F199B4-1CC9-41CD-981A-524929A70DF2.png1578FA47-567D-4842-8F21-7A12D005CDA1.png

Looks ok from the pic. You will have to check the firebox inside for any holes. You may not know what you have until you clean it but it looks like a good starter from the pics. You have to fix the swing out tray on the bottom left.
How much is he asking for it?

What is he pointing out circled in blue?

Thanks Samuel. She said there was no rust in the firebox but will definitely check. She said their was some rust/corrosion in the blue circled area but the picture is horrible so it’s hard to tell. She’s asking way too much but these don’t show up all that often here in South Florida.

Hi Steve, Make sure the big drip tray that slides out from under the firebox is solid and in good shape. They don't make them anymore.

Ask to test it out. Make sure the valves turn and can deliver gas.

The wood can be replaced. The internals are still available for sale.

Good point, The Grease tray is hard to come by if you do not have a good one. By grease tray he means the one that slides out from the bottom of the fire box not the drip tray and pan that hangs from the bottom of Grease tray.

Attachments

• Genesis 1000 Grease Tray.gif
    Genesis 1000 Grease Tray.gif
    82.3 KB · Views: 3
Hi Steve, Make sure the big drip tray that slides out from under the firebox is solid and in good shape. They don't make them anymore.

Ask to test it out. Make sure the valves turn and can deliver gas.

The wood can be replaced. The internals are still available for sale.
Will do. Thanks!

The area circled in blue looks like the bottom of the aluminum end cap. There WILL BE NO rust there. The only place you really need to check for rust is on the frame, especially along the left side where it bolts to the cook box.

Also, check to cook box along the top front edge. Check to make sure it isn't bowed out like many are. From what I can see, yours looks pretty good there. It looks pretty good overall. I would not pay more than $50 for it. Ones like that pop up for free fairly regular.

It may be a 700 or a 900. I think there were some called that in 3 burner. A 500 was a 2 burner. It looks like lots of dirty work but it appears to have good "bones"

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Much appreciated. I will check all the parts noted. So would the consensus be this looks like a 1000 based on the limited info I provided?

If you buy the grill you will know more information by locating the Serial Number. Below is a helpful thread to locate it.

Back