Looking at a new Genesis II 335

Here is a pic of the flavorizer bars and heat deflectors in the E335. Not sure how to upload pics from the computer so I made a shared album.

Also mounted an iGrill2 where the iGrill3 is supposed to go. I'd rather see the temp than HAVE to check my phone every time. Also I dont care about the propane level in the app.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/75EkKUX8K6P8HCoV8

Last edited:
Here is a review I came across while shopping it was very informative and ultimately made me decide on this grill.

https://amazingribs.com/ratings-reviews/gas-grills/weber-genesis-ii-e-335-gas-grill

That's a pretty good endorsement for this new Weber Genesis II grill. I do think that Weber made some positive tweaks to the Genesis II to make it a more attractive and functional product, especially in the nicer versions with the sear burner. I personally like the crimson one with the open cart which I got to inspect in person recently. Meathead and the writers at Amazingribs.com know their stuff, but I still like sear marks, just because of how they look! As to the sear burner, I know some dismiss it, but I had a Genesis E-330 SE that had this feature, and I found it very useful. I am not surprised they brought it back.

I will throw in that I still think going with a classic Genesis that has been totally rebuilt is a more satisfying option. For that money you could get a pearl of a restored Genesis and have rcplanebuyer grates and flavorizers and all new other consumable parts. But, I do also understand the desire to go ahead and buy the newest and latest. I guess the interesting thing will be to see how they hold up. They certainly look GREAT new! Maybe in a few years I will get someone's castoff and be able to restore a Genesis II that has all the bells and whistles.

Putting it together, everything felt very solid. Screws/bolts all had a nice galvanized coating on them. I was overall very impressed with the build quality. I gave all threads/bolts/screws and any exposed metal fasteners a shot of Fluid Film. I think with the 10 year bumper to bumper warranty and how weber has treated me so far with the SS grates upgrade I think I will be very happy with this grill for many years. If I can make my Coleman that i bought at canadian tire last close to 10 years with little to no maintenance and zero SS parts and cheap fasteners and thin metal, this grill should last double that if I do a little due diligence over its lifetime.

Putting it together, everything felt very solid. Screws/bolts all had a nice galvanized coating on them. I was overall very impressed with the build quality. I gave all threads/bolts/screws and any exposed metal fasteners a shot of Fluid Film. I think with the 10 year bumper to bumper warranty and how weber has treated me so far with the SS grates upgrade I think I will be very happy with this grill for many years. If I can make my Coleman that i bought at canadian tire last close to 10 years with little to no maintenance and zero SS parts and cheap fasteners and thin metal, this grill should last double that if I do a little due diligence over its lifetime.

I just bought the Costco version that is marketed as the 345 which I believe is simply an added cover. I'll be calling Weber tomorrow to inquire on the SS grates as well. I have a WSM and have always had a great experience with their customer service, hoping for the same this time.

I just bought the Costco version that is marketed as the 345 which I believe is simply an added cover. I'll be calling Weber tomorrow to inquire on the SS grates as well. I have a WSM and have always had a great experience with their customer service, hoping for the same this time.

Nice, see my post earlier in the thread with the part numbers for the two SS grate thicknesses. I am just waiting to fire mine up when I get the grates hopefully by the end of the week.

Nice, see my post earlier in the thread with the part numbers for the two SS grate thicknesses. I am just waiting to fire mine up when I get the grates hopefully by the end of the week.

Started unboxing my Costco 345 and was stoked to see this.

Score! I received my 7mm yesterday and the 9mm hopefully by the end of the week. I want to compare to see which ones I will keep.

Keep the 9's. Sell the 7's. Both will serve you well and both will last for a very long time, but I doubt you will get a huge premium for selling the 9's over the 7's. Don't do something you "might" regret down the road.

Used CI grates probably won't fetch you much, but they may be good backups for special cooks or something.

Not sure how I deleted my post but yea I think I will keep the Cast Iron grates for as you say spares or just a different cook

The Costco S-345 is the same grill as the S-335, but it comes with light up control knobs.

The Costco S-345 is the same grill as the S-335, but it comes with light up control knobs.

After unboxing I have learned the Costco version has the additional cover, 7mm SS grates, 4 probe iGrill3, and as you stated the lighted knobs. Excellent value for one in the market.

For that $$$$ and they don't put the 9mm grates in seems chintzy to me

I called Weber and asked about exchanging my new/unused SS7's for the 9's and was told they couldn't do it. I also reached out on Twitter but no response. I will ride with the 7's I guess....

After unboxing I have learned the Costco version has the additional cover, 7mm SS grates, 4 probe iGrill3, and as you stated the lighted knobs. Excellent value for one in the market.

I put the grill together today and found they included 6 probes for the iGrill but no grate thermometer. I wish they would have included 4 probes and a grate thermo instead...6 seems like overkill and I had to buy the grate thermo.

Sounds like a lot of stuff that can go wrong on the grill. Those stupid electronic igniters are bad enough.

I had the igrill3 and took it back. I got the igrill2 so I could see the temps without looking at my phone all the time but still use it for alarms etc..

My igrill2 unit came with 2 meat probes and I bought an ambient probe from amazon.

That's a really good idea. I've noticed the bluetooth feature for my the 3 is only good to about 25 or so feet and once I go inside, lose connection. It's basically worthless unless I'm outside and near the grill.

Back