lollipop Sunday!

Todd Phillips

TVWBB Pro
First thing the boss said to me this morning. "You need to cook and we need beer" God I adore her! Been buried between work and catering for weeks now at it was time to fire up something for me and the boss. Used the k.i.s.s. rule and had a nice lazy Sunday. Shout out to he O'L lady for making the best fresh bread ever and salad. She made a nice sour dough then rolled it in pepper jack cheese and added fresh herbs from the garden. Plus we stopped by a local brewery and got a bullet of there new Russian Imperial IPA and a nice Dark brown Abby. Today was a good day.

20150607_144759_zpszdozz7ru.jpg

20150607_184751_zpsnmjry5rh.jpg

20150607_181932_zpsxl8hd0gv.jpg

20150607_181730_zpscqmx2tep.jpg

Looks good Todd. I see you even grilled the bread. I've never seen chicken lollipops before. From one southern Hoosier to another......well done.

Darvin

Thanks Folks. This was one of those cooks you slam together and didn't really pay attention to it and every thing came out perfect (go figure.) I'am pretty sure it had to do with the freshness of everything. Fresh salad and greens right out of a buddy's garden along with his strawberry's. Indiana Sweet corn. You Hoosiers know what I'm talking about. Fresh asparagus that came from a 7yr old fern. Fresh country eggs laid two days ago. Bought a 1/2 dozen legs and a couple birds from a local back country butcher who has the best name ever! From Gate to plate. And of course some good O'l bread baked in the Primo then toasted in the mini. Wish they all came out this good.

Nice legs Todd! I've wanted to try this. So what's the technique to prep the legs. Do you just trim off to expose the bone or just push everything down to expose the bone? I guess I could just google it.:rolleyes:

This is how 99% of the world does it. Some people try to reinvent it, but whatever. The first time you do them they will be a little ugly. Don't worry about it. It's part of it. Allow yourself hour of prep time (for a dozen) and follow malcoms walk threw. It's that easy

Last edited:
Awesome Todd

Im going to give the lollipops a chance on the Vortex and see how they come out.

Back