Liver and onions.

timothy

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Wife's out of town so time to do something she hates
Some Arkansas beef liver soaked in milk and seasoned salt and BP. Carrots, instant mashed and some pepper gravy.
Pretty easy dinner for one, and spot on in flavor.

Attachments

• 20240418_162715.jpg
    20240418_162715.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 20240418_162720.jpg
    20240418_162720.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 20240418_162726.jpg
    20240418_162726.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 20240418_164646.jpg
    20240418_164646.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 20240418_165638.jpg
    20240418_165638.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 20240418_165646.jpg
    20240418_165646.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 25
that's pretty hardcore! My mother would make that for us often - I think its one of those childhood things that perhaps left a permanent scar. The pepper gravy looks good - mom's was served dry.

I always joke with my kids that we are having liver and onions for dinner (like multiple times a week) and tonight my son just said it when I asked him what he was making us, but I never would actually made it. I love seeing it on here though. Way to represent!

Looks good Timothy.
Beef liver is something that I would enjoy about once every couple of years, if offered.
But fried chicken livers - ooh lah lah.

I have never thought to grill carrots and now I am wondering why. Love the look of those.😀

When I was a kid I would crave liver and onions with gravy. I made it a couple years ago and wasn't as crazy about it but that's possibly because I don't know how to make it to be its best. The Son liked it, though.

I'm with you and Brenda on chicken livers... I LOVE them and have a container in the freezer right now.

I used to hate it. Mom would cook it till death. My buddys Mom made it with a mushroom gravy and I was hooked. Soak it in milk and pan fry till just pink turning once. Bacon grease for fat in a CI pan.

I have never had chicken liver. Is it much different than beef liver?
I do eat liverwurst and onion on crackers with mayo, really like that.

I love beef liver and onions. Chicken livers are mushy to me and probably tastes closer to liverwurst then beef liver. I skip them.

I don't know how to attach words to describe the difference but, yes, chicken livers are different both in texture and taste based on my taste buds.

Beef seems to have a much stronger flavor to me. The texture is different but like BFletcher, I can't exactly describe it.
I like liverwurst the same way you do, except with mustard instead of mayo.

They are all distinctly different, but I also taste a similarity in all 3. 🤷‍♀️
As mentioned, I like beef liver only on occasion. Liverwurst is a nice snack that's good for 3-4 times a year.

I could probably eat fried chicken livers almost every week if I had to. When I find them already cooked in the hot food section at the store,
I buy them "for the dogs". They love them and so far have never asked why each liver they get has a bite missing. LOL

Back