LinkMeter v8 Release

Bryan,
Any chance you have been able to look into this?

thanks,
dave

OK I got the linkmeter updated
opkg install -force-reinstall http://capnbry.net/linkmeter/snapshots/trunk/packages/linkmeter_8_brcm47xx.ipk

Could see all the new good stuff. I then updated the heatermeter.hex and get solid squares cross the top of the display. Thinking I flashed the wrong hex file I flashed heatermeter.hexA and got garbled text this time, but text. I do not have the level shifter on this box, the good ole fashion diode.

I flashed by backup copy hex file and the heatermeter works fine stand alone.

Ideas on why the new hex file doesn't work?

dave

P.S. - not an emergency, I was thinking of setting this one up for my servo.

Any chance you have been able to look into this?
Flashed my LinkMeter WRT54G with the snapshot from the website via TFTP because I couldn't find the Linksys on the network. Turned out I had a v3.2 board in there, that worked fine so I pulled it and put a v3.1 board in (why do I have so much hardware!?), it wouldn't flash, the ATmega had something else on it, not HeaterMeter. Removed that board and flashed it with heatermeter.hexA and you're right! It's all F-ed up.

I started trying to narrow down where it was going awry. I think I almost got it but then I plugged in the probe pinheader and the LCD said -No Pit Proddddddddddddddd. Now it won't display anything any more. I'm going to let it sit without power for a bit to see if it will resurrect itself.

Turned out to be a wire getting loosened on the LCD pin header. Fixed!

So I've fixed the code I believe, but you said you want to use it with a servo? If so the new code won't work for that because the servo pin happens to be the extra one used by v3.1 boards to run the LCD. If you're going to do that, I can backport the fix to the v8 HeaterMeter firmware, but the problem is that will be the last version with servo support for <v3.2 boards.

Alright, try the v8 that should be accessible from the online repository. Let me know if it works for you, it is my first branch for HeaterMeter so let me know if I did it right.

Back