LinkMeter v10 Release

Here is the log file for the text which failed. The email came through fine.

Oct 9 12:04:39 OpenWrt user.notice lmalarm: Sending SMS to XXXXXXXXX@txt.att.net
Oct 9 12:04:40 OpenWrt user.notice lmalarm: sendmail: envelope from address XXXXXXXXXXX@txt.att.net not accepted by the server
Oct 9 12:04:40 OpenWrt user.notice lmalarm: sendmail: server message: 553 From address not verified - see http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/manage/sendfrom-07.html
Oct 9 12:04:40 OpenWrt user.notice lmalarm: sendmail: could not send mail (account default from /etc/msmtprc)
Oct 9 12:04:40 OpenWrt mail.err msmtp: host=smtp.att.yahoo.com tls=on auth=on user=dan.francis@sbcglobal.net from=XXXXXXXXXXX@txt.att.net recipients=XXXXXXXXXXX@txt.att.net smtpstatus=553 smtpmsg='553 From address not verified - see http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/ma...hing, some sort of SMS firewall or something.

Last edited:
Oh snap, that log is super-useful. The SMS it sends with the from address the same as the to address. It looks like Yahoo is saying "no way Jose" to doing that. It looks like I should set SMS and the email to just use the fromaddr configured in MSMTP

A question about the email and sms alerts. If either are selected, will it silence the buzzer on the HM or does the buzzer keep going until the alert has been acknowledged?

The buzzer keeps going. If you want it to automatically stop you need to put the `al_set 0` in an alarm script. That probably should be an option, now that you mention it.

Oh snap, that log is super-useful. The SMS it sends with the from address the same as the to address. It looks like Yahoo is saying "no way Jose" to doing that. It looks like I should set SMS and the email to just use the fromaddr configured in MSMTP

Switched to my gmail account and all is well. Don't know if it worth your time to fix ATT/Yahoo if they are only service with a problem. Thanks, Dan

Question?

It seems I have a older version on my heatermeter as I try to update to V.10 and it seems to not changing anything. what version do I need to update to the newest version and what would be the link to use?

Switched to my gmail account and all is well. Don't know if it worth your time to fix ATT/Yahoo if they are only service with a problem. Thanks, Dan
I may have fixed it in git, by using the from address from the msmtp config. I guess we'll see next version!

John: Not sure what version you're coming from but you may want to just try pulling the SD card and flashing it the old way with a full Win32DiskImager burn.

thanks for the quick reply I was just going to edit my post with the version number. it would be Version 20130423B. I figured I would need to pull the sd card. whats the file that I would need to do it manually on Win32

Thanks Bryan. Yeah I had to wait for my darn window 8 laptop to finish about, what seemed like 10 updates when I turned it on. I was able to flash the sd card and it looks good, thanks for all the Hard work you have put into this.

John, what other systems do you have? There's other OSes that can be used to do the flashing.

im good, the reason of using my laptop and not my home computer is that my laptop has a sd card slot.

The only thing that I still can not get working though is the email or sms notifications

When I try to change settings for the email, the HM locks up the webpage, I even tried to change the settings via putty and winscp, with no luck.

I'm not sure if my HM took the flash. Where would I go on the HM web page to find out what revision I have?

Pretty much if it looks like the picture of the new web display, then it was updated. If you are updating and are getting the same display of the previous version then you need to update doing a new install of the sd card.

I have had problems updating in the past that wouldn't seem to clear up until I re-imaged the SD card (instead of installing the update). I think it was because something was hokey on my SD card due to a power interruption or something that happened during regular use, I have had the SD card come loose a time or two I guess from rough handling or whatever. The good news is the freshly imaged SD card always seems to clear things up...

I'm not sure if my HM took the flash. Where would I go on the HM web page to find out what revision I have?

Pretty much if it looks like the picture of the new web display, then it was updated. If you are updating and are getting the same display of the previous version then you need to update doing a new install of the sd card.

2 funny issues, when I set an alarm, the home pages comes back blank, and pit droid doesn't work anymore. A bug. or is it me?

Updated w/ no issues. Thanks, Bryan. Much appreciated. Have a cook coming up this weekend to give her a good run.

-- Analog thermocouple support in both HeaterMeter and webui. Hardware is still up to you, but any mv/C is supported and any reference voltage.

I'll bite. I have thermocouples. Any more info? Very interested in this, and sharing what I learn... just need to be led to water. Apologies if I am missing something and not helping myself instead of bothering everyone on this all of the time...

Back