LinkMeter v10 Release

Big thanks from overseas! I didn't dive in the details of the alarm script yet, so the new alarm interface is a great to get started with the alarms.

Hey Bryan, has the v10 release changed the event sequence from /lm/stream? What I'm seeing is that the "alarm" event is only sent once right when the alarm goes off. If you setup a connection to /lm/stream when the alarm is already ringing then you miss the event. I thought I had verified with the prior version that the "alarm" event is sent multiple times until silenced. Is there anything in the LM API that can be used to determine if the alarm is ringing? Thanks Bryan!

Hey Bryan, has the v10 release changed the event sequence from /lm/stream?
It has not. The alarm notification only happens once in the stream at the time when it occurs. You can see if an alarm is currently ringing in the regular hmstatus json though in the al block for each probe. (At least I think it is the al block, I don't have a heatermeter plugged in at the moment to look)

It has not. The alarm notification only happens once in the stream at the time when it occurs. You can see if an alarm is currently ringing in the regular hmstatus json though in the al block for each probe. (At least I think it is the al block, I don't have a heatermeter plugged in at the moment to look)

Thanks Bryan, I finally got around to looking at this again tonight. Using the hmstatus json worked perfectly.

on the avr firmware page there is 2 bundled firmwares
hm.hex
optiboot_atmega328.hex

what is the second one ? should i flash it also or just hm.hex

Just the hm.hex. The second is the standard arduino bootloader, which isn't needed for our purposes so now that you bring it up I might remove it. The most up to date version of the HeaterMeter firmware is on the "online repository" in the snapshot directory. I don't think there have been any changes since release though.

Back