Limited-Edition 70th Anniversary Kettle Collection - Price Cut

I am sure Weber doesn’t like it, but once again they made something overall cool but botched the launch by pricing way higher than the added “special touch” features warranted. Now they have to just get rid of them. If I wasn’t overloaded with kettles and had $ to toss around, I would get the yellow one :coolkettle: !

I am sure Weber doesn’t like it, but once again they made something overall cool but botched the launch by pricing way higher than the added “special touch” features warranted. Now they have to just get rid of them. If I wasn’t overloaded with kettles and had $ to toss around, I would get the yellow one :coolkettle: !
Me too.

Hey Jon,

I get what you are saying, and we are all free to spend our money as we see fit.

I read your post earlier and have decided to offer a different point of view for the sake of this open Weber enthusiast forum.

Based on the proposition that those kettles are manufactured in the USA, probably by people a lot like me, I wish more people would buy them at full price so Weber could make enough profit to keep more of people here gainfully employed.

It has to be tough dealing with competition that manufacturers outside the USA, probably for pennies on the dollar of Webers manufacturing costs.

I hear so many people say nonchalantly “I buy products based on the best value for my money, regardless of where it’s manufactured”, or “everything is made outside the USA anyway, regardless of whatever label they slap on the box”, etc.

There was a member of this forum that works for Weber saying their Midwest factory produces most of the charcoal grills, and employs hundreds of people.

For their sake, I hope more people will appreciate a quality piece of cookware and will pay full price.

I am speaking for no one but myself, and am not looking to start any bickering.

I just wanted to put it out there.

A very reasonable point of view John, if I was looking for one sure but if I got one it had better be big enough for me to live in!
But, I really cannot justify one.

Hey Jon,

I get what you are saying, and we are all free to spend our money as we see fit.

I read your post earlier and have decided to offer a different point of view for the sake of this open Weber enthusiast forum.

Based on the proposition that those kettles are manufactured in the USA, probably by people a lot like me, I wish more people would buy them at full price so Weber could make enough profit to keep more of people here gainfully employed.

It has to be tough dealing with competition that manufacturers outside the USA, probably for pennies on the dollar of Webers manufacturing costs.

I hear so many people say nonchalantly “I buy products based on the best value for my money, regardless of where it’s manufactured”, or “everything is made outside the USA anyway, regardless of whatever label they slap on the box”, etc.

There was a member of this forum that works for Weber saying their Midwest factory produces most of the charcoal grills, and employs hundreds of people.

For their sake, I hope more people will appreciate a quality piece of cookware and will pay full price.

I am speaking for no one but myself, and am not looking to start any bickering.

I just wanted to put it out there.
Very good points, and I am glad you raised them. I tend to think they do fine selling MasterTouch kettles at their asking price. I think these special edition ones warranted a premium price, but I think they made a mistake trying to get as much of a premium as they did. A somewhat lower price might have generated a good bit more interest. Now the newness factor has worn off and some prospective buyers from when it came out may not even notice the new low price.

I would have loved to have a ranch kettle back when I had parties for many people. I’d do suckling pigs on them now but, no room, and very little need for me. It’s not about climate for me, it’s capacity!

Very good points, and I am glad you raised them. I tend to think they do fine selling MasterTouch kettles at their asking price. I think these special edition ones warranted a premium price, but I think they made a mistake trying to get as much of a premium as they did. A somewhat lower price might have generated a good bit more interest. Now the newness factor has worn off and some prospective buyers from when it came out may not even notice the new low price.
I agree, now it’s “Get them out of the warehouse.” They will need space for “moveable” inventory. These are taking up space better used for money makers.

That's stunning! I really want a yellow one, but not in the budget right now.

If you are interested, you can get wood handles from Zavod Laboratories, including for the vent tab and bottom slider handle. He doesn't have these showing right now, but all you have to do is contact him and tell him what color wood and paint you would like. Here is a bottle opener with the 70th Anniversary printing:

70th Anniversary bottle opener.jpg

Back