Like to do jigsaw puzzles?

If you like jig saw puzzles, check out the classic wooden puzzles from Liberty.

Expensive but very cool. We frame and hang them when completed.

If you like jig saw puzzles, check out the classic wooden puzzles from Liberty.

Expensive but very cool. We frame and hang them when completed.
I have about 3 or 4 wooden puzzles from years ago, (Noah's Ark, my favorite) that I love to do over and over again.

My wife works online jigsaw puzzles all the time. She likes to do 500-600 pieces. I do not have the patience.

My wife works online jigsaw puzzles all the time. She likes to do 500-600 pieces. I do not have the patience.
The most I have seen on line is just a little over 200 pieces. Where does your wife find one's with more pieces?

With the site I linked to, when choosing a puzzles, you not only choose the number of pieces but also the cut....
(to change a puzzles size and cut shapes, click on "Actions" and "Change Cut" in the box to the right of the current puzzle.
Then there's the Mystery Puzzle which changes every 2 hours.

I have a puzzle table dedicated to jigsaws. Right now I'm working on a Vincent Van Gogh "Stary Nights" 1500 piece. Generally, I like older ones from the 50s, 60s and 70s. 1000 pieces and up. I do like the Gig big eyed Kitty and Puppy puzzles though.

I challenge myself to complete the online jigsaw puzzles in a given time. I'll do 5 or 6 puzzles at a sitting. Since the Mystery Puzzles changes every 2 hours, I use that in the time challenge. For some reason, my java script is running about 2x speed so that 2 hour becomes only 60 minutes. 50 piece puzzles take my 2-3 minutes. 100 pieces puzzles, about 8-9 minutes. 150 pieces, 12 or so minutes. Of course, there are those that just take forever.... :)

We also have a bunch of physical jigsaw puzzles stored away. Online is just soo convenient !

Last edited:
Just yesterday, I started a list of how many pieces I can choose from and the quickest time I do them. Bob, I don't think I will ever be able to beat your time. BOY!!! are you fast.

I just counted. There are 11 different counts of number of pieces to choose from. The best I have done, so far, is 9 min. 40 seconds to do a 40 piece puzzle. Shame on me. lol

Last edited:
I have a puzzle table dedicated to jigsaws. Right now I'm working on a Vincent Van Gogh "Stary Nights" 1500 piece. Generally, I like older ones from the 50s, 60s and 70s. 1000 pieces and up. I do like the Gig big eyed Kitty and Puppy puzzles though.
Loren, our dining room table is all I have to use. When working on a puzzle and need the table, we have a pad that we put over the puzzle. Due to a lot of things this past year, we have had the same puzzle waiting for us to finish it for about a year now. lol I also love working on the 1,000 pieces and more puzzles.

Loren, our dining room table is all I have to use. When working on a puzzle and need the table, we have a pad that we put over the puzzle. Due to a lot of things this past year, we have had the same puzzle waiting for us to finish it for about a year now. lol I also love working on the 1,000 pieces and more puzzles.
That's a good idea to put a pad over the puzzle when you need to use the table.
I don't have time for puzzles right now but have been accumulating some for when I do have more time, and have been
thinking about getting one of those dedicated puzzle tables.
I think I like your method better.

Ah, online jigsaw doesn't appeal to me.
Last jigsaw I did was quite funny in that it didn't give you the end result.
Instead there was a scenery and someone looking at it and you had to complete the puzzle as to what this person saw.
Real funny.
I go google for a sample.
And fun puzzles are done by jan van haasteren. I like those :)

Back